share rss forum feed

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to OZO

Re: An iPhone Lover's Confession: I Switched To The Nexus 4

Once again and for the last time, the problems you mention, are NOT NORMAL. Taking 10 min to lock onto GPS? That most certainly IS NOT an OS issue.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

said by Cheese:

Once again and for the last time,

Thank you so much and I really appreciate your difficult decision to stop that

And I already know that you think that GPS support (as well as WiFi networking and others) is not part of the Android OS... And if something is not working it's all the fault of the user, not OS. I've got that...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

1 recommendation

Holy shit, you are obtuse.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to OZO

I’m currently inside of my house, on Verizon’s 3G network, on my Droid DNA I went to Google Navigation, and verbally dictated ‘Navigate To Best Buy’. From the moment I finished that statement until the moment it locked the GPS signal and fully loaded it was 12 seconds read to take me to the closest Best Buy. And now that I have a lock on the GPS satellites the two other places I had Google Nav take me load almost instantly.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

said by Happydude32:

I’m currently inside of my house, on Verizon’s 3G network, on my Droid DNA I went to Google Navigation, and verbally dictated ‘Navigate To Best Buy’. From the moment I finished that statement until the moment it locked the GPS signal and fully loaded it was 12 seconds read to take me to the closest Best Buy. And now that I have a lock on the GPS satellites the two other places I had Google Nav take me load almost instantly.

My S3 is the same, it's almost instant. I load GMAPS and it's got my location in literally seconds.

It's obvious it's an issue with his phone.

OZO
Premium

said by Cheese:

You can't keep your own promises, can you?
--

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

That post, wasn't directed at you.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

said by OZO:

said by Cheese:

You can't keep your own promises, can you?

Trying to get someone to go away does not make you right. However if you repeat it often enough you may not have to hear it any more. Didn't you post here to hear other opinions and help if necessary? Or are you merely trolling?
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

OZO
Premium

I post my personal experience and observations here. Sorry if it's not the same as yours. Repeating "it's an issue with his phone" is trolling in my books...
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

You actually sound like an Ifan trying to get validation for his misled opinions on an Android forum. It isn't going to happen. By the way did you really have these experiences or are you just repeating what you may have overheard? If you did have an android phone and had these problems where are your posts from that time?
--

OZO
Premium

And now you're trying to start the trolling of this thread too...
--

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA

No. Actually, if you stiill have the phone let's fix it. Otherwise what are you looking for?
--

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to OZO

It's you who is trolling...this thread was about someone switching, and you come in with your rant about YOUR problems claiming it's an Android problem.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

So what's the make and model of the phone and on what network? You fail to mention that in any of your trolling.

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

No response...hmmmm