My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato

Re: Building an HTPC vs a Media Server

said by morisato:

I would recommend saving a fortune and Look into a Raspberry PI from element14 Costs like 5-60 bucks all told and Works with RASPMC an xmbc linux distro,

This has "too good to be true" written all over it, yet the little fellow claims to support 1080p (with audio over HDMI), and there are actually several XBMC implementations for it. It will need a keyboard and possibly a mouse attached to actually do anything with it -- the nice thing about dedicated media players is having a remote control. I might order one just as a fun toy and see what it can do, along with one of those red-raspberry colored boxes to put it in!
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon

said by Wolfie00:

said by morisato:

I would recommend saving a fortune and Look into a Raspberry PI from element14 Costs like 5-60 bucks all told and Works with RASPMC an xmbc linux distro,

This has "too good to be true" written all over it, yet the little fellow claims to support 1080p (with audio over HDMI), and there are actually several XBMC implementations for it. It will need a keyboard and possibly a mouse attached to actually do anything with it -- the nice thing about dedicated media players is having a remote control. I might order one just as a fun toy and see what it can do, along with one of those red-raspberry colored boxes to put it in!

I use the minix android player and it works like a charm, hdmi, sound, and video. it is not google tv but an actual android os from phones.

they aren't to shabby if u don't want to spend a lot of money