All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

[General] New HomeFusion customer opinions..

Just got HomeFusion on the 5th. It's blazing fast as far as the technology goes.

The router is a piece crap. Technicolor?!? never heard of them as router manufacturers.. at least not being anything mainstream.

I wish I could get my Linksys WRT310N with DD-WRT firmware to act as the main router and just set the TG790 MBR as a bridge and pass the public IP to my Linksys.

I can't even access the TG790 MBR going through my WRT310. I have to either be directly connected to a LAN port or connected wirelessly on the TG790 to get to (192.168.1.254).

The GUI interface is not very technical in what you can do.. I'm getting confused on how this whole MBR works in connection with the Cantenna. The Cantenna has a DHCP and DNS server and so does the TG790. I see no option to change the IP address to something like a 10.*.*.* subnet.

Perhaps there's some HomeFusion gurus out there that are doing exactly that and tell me how they are doing it??

isp10002
join:2012-10-24

isp10002

The homefusion router is a pretty good router,but i have no idea how to bridge that stuff together.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
try running cat5 from a Fusion router LAN port to the Linksys WAN port, then connect to the Linksys
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel

I got it to work. I turned off the WAN side of the Linksys and set it to be part of the LAN switch of the Linksys.

That's the beauty of running DD-WRT firmware on a Linksys. Changes a $50 router into a $500 one.

The WRT310N is running DHCP and I have the DHCP of the TG790 HF router turned off. The gateway for the WRT310N is pointing to 192.168.1.1. If you point it to 192.168.1.254, I can't get out to the internet.

I'm not keen on how these items are even working. An outdoor antenna that has a DHCP/DNS and a internal router that also has a DHCP/DNS. From the documentation I've looked over, it looks like the Cantenna is designed to work with multiple internal routers.

192.168.1.1 is the Cantenna.
192.168.1.254 is the HF router.

From what I can tell there is no way to change those values. Perhaps in the future there will be firmware/software upgrades to fix this.