how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffFinnan

join:2001-12-01
Dearborn, MI

No service in Dearborn last 8 hours or so

Anybody know what is going on? Doing this with iPhone.

LordKronos

join:2002-01-02
Dearborn Heights, MI

been down for 5 hours in dearborn heights (1:30 to 6:30) it just came back on.

LordKronos

Dearborn Heights, MI
reply to JeffFinnan

according to their facebook feed, another utility company cut their fiber line. I was pretty pissed about this, but if thats the cause, I can maybe understand. It depends how large of an area this covers. If this is the entire sw michigan area out, i really have to ask why there is no redundancy. But if it's just a few areas that got cut off...we'll, I know you can't have EVERYTHING redundant.

Whether its wow's fault or not, after some of the other recent problems this is definitely going to cause them major customer backlash, including a lot of lost customers. More than ever, wow needs to be proactive in making this right. Offer all of their affected customers a discount (without making them call and ask for it) and then sue the other utility to recover their losses. It may not be wows fault, but they need to act as if it is.

JeffFinnan

Dearborn, MI

Can I have the link to that Facebook feed? Can't seem to find it?

JeffFinnan

Dearborn, MI

My DropBox just showed it was syncing. Back on in Dearborn.

LordKronos

Dearborn Heights, MI
reply to JeffFinnan

The links were posted by Dan in the TBS picture/audio breakup thread:

www.facebook.com/thewowbuzz
twitter.com/thewowbuzz

This appears to be a pretty localized problem. I'm at the north end of Dearborn Heights, and everyone I know within a few miles of me lost service, but someone I know in Dearborn Heights about 5-6 miles south of me never lost service.

JeffFinnan

Dearborn, MI

Thanks. I had problems finding the Facebook link on my iPhone.

Glad to be back online.

Gremzor
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Melvindale, MI
reply to JeffFinnan

Not so hot in the Dale...I am on the 30Mb tier.

outsider0

join:2002-11-28
Dearborn, MI
reply to JeffFinnan

Broken here. Again. Aviation Sub, Dbn, if it helps to single things out.

Digital adapter puked and said no signal, Signature boxes are frozen or garbage across the board, OnDemand and Internet works fine.

Some explanation of what is busted would at least be nice - looks like some kind of codec issue - I retract my earlier, angrier thread on that basis.

So far, we're sitting ducks, paying for a service, not getting that service, no explanations - technical or otherwise, and hanging on, at this point, for dear life - because we like the company and want to keep giving it our business...but c'mon!

I offered - outright - to go down and try to help fix the damn thing myself to the person actually paying the bills - it's gotten to that point.

Plant upgrade shouldn't be *this* damn rough.

outsider0

join:2002-11-28
Dearborn, MI

Tried calling, busy signal.

Christ, PM me a reason - I can call in a favor and ask around about the issue with people that aren't local competitors.

This sucks.

Thecloser

join:2008-09-25
Taylor, MI
reply to JeffFinnan

Very sporadic downriver ( taylor) as well, started after 8:00 p.m. and channel 7 (200) and ion (208) are the only ones watchable, I did not check all of them but I know 233 and 269 ( all on ultra tv) are garbled messes!

WOWWHAT

@wideopenwest.com
reply to outsider0

Is anyone else experiencing pixilated channels (all channels) since December 27, 2012? This occurs at approximately each evening about 7:30 - 7:40 PM, and continues until 11:40 PM. You can not understand one word or visually comprehend the picture. After today's outing in Dearborn and Dearborn Heights, Michigan the service was again pixilated within 20 minutes after service(s) had been restored, until 10:17PM tonight.
Several emails and attempts to reach WOW to address , which failed, as a busy signal was all multiple calls ended in. This morning a curt fellow (named Michael) at the service center for WOW made the one call I got through to them...useless. Several emails have been returned (canned answer, about how important customers are, but no resolve or plan of action. Is anyone else experiencing these outages ? This would be with Cable television, internet and telephone services.