This is the Flyers year!!
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

Blew half the season. Don't really care now.

Bruins UNDEFEATED

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Jackarino

Yep...I'm in the "Meh" camp as well and I'm far from being the only one.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

2 recommendations

reply to Jackarino

And in other news the Toronto Maple Leafs are eliminated from playoff contention.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

lol

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to RockCake

said by RockCake:

And in other news the Toronto Maple Leafs are eliminated from playoff contention.

Speaking of which. I need some help. Please.

My young daughter wanted a disney uniform, so went onto eBay and bid $5 for her item. (A Mickey Mouse outfit)

It's been 6 days since and when looked back at the item, I realized I made a huge mistake, I am now 4 hours away from owning the Toronto Maple Leafs.....
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Jackarino

I'm happy they worked it out, I just hope they don't plan on a Stanley Cup game this year. Too short to matter.

If the Penguins or the Bruins come to Hurricane land, I'll be there.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Jackarino

Click for full size
The deal still hasn't been reached as both sides haven't agreed to it yet. Don't jinx it. I saw this picture on facebook and laughed.. Go Devils!!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ

Keep saying go devils but the Flyers are going to take care of you and the Rangers
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ

1 edit

I just want to know one thing, how do you root for a Philly team in one sport & a NY team in another? isn't that against the law or something?

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Jackarino

It doesn't matter who wins this year they will have an asterisk next to their win forever like the 1995 Devil's win does.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

The lockout is over!

This is the Flyers year!!

A Giants fan and a Flyers fan? huh

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Jackarino

I was so desperate for hockey that I watched college hockey over the Christmas break. I'm ready for the Blues to play well yet find a way to lose in the playoffs again.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to Eagles LoveR

Its a long story Eagles

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

It doesn't matter who wins this year they will have an asterisk next to their win forever like the 1995 Devil's win does.

You are the first person who has ever said there is an asterisk to the 95 devils win.... I guess winning 2 more times in the next few years was a reason for the asterisk also.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

Keep saying go devils but the Flyers are going to take care of you and the Rangers

You guys got a goalie finally? o wait...
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to MuDvAyNe

said by MuDvAyNe:

said by Draiman:

You are the first person who has ever said there is an asterisk to the 95 devils win.... I guess winning 2 more times in the next few years was a reason for the asterisk also.

They won 1/2 a cup that year. Better then nothing that's for sure!
»lmgtfy.com/?q=tainted+1995+devils (Over 17 million hits on that!)
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Sounds more like hate and envy than anything else. In a league where half the teams make the playoffs anyway I don't see how it's "tainted". Not to mention the Red Wings were suppose to be the more superior team and got swept.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Draiman

How is that half a cup? Did they play half as many games as the rest of the teams?

Are all the Stanley cup winners before 1942 less valid because they all played a 48 game or less regular season? BTW, 48 games of 82 games is 59% of the schedule.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by shaner:

How is that half a cup? Did they play half as many games as the rest of the teams?

Are all the Stanley cup winners before 1942 less valid because they all played a 48 game or less regular season? BTW, 48 games of 82 games is 59% of the schedule.

Read the answers from MILLIONS of people on those questions for yourself anytime you want.
»lmgtfy.com/?q=tainted+1995+devils

No need to rehash what MILLIONS of people have already done. I'm sure you wish this was limited to DSLR though because defending it against MILLIONS of people is a daunting task at best!
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to Jackarino

So doing a google search is a valid argument? The links that come up don't even mention the devils winning in a shorter season besides the first link which is a "NY Rangers Blog". They asked people if a shortened season will result in a tainted championship. It has only 800 votes which is not even a lot and 57% said no.

This is directly from the blog

"Adam Rotter: Everything, to me, is about the playoffs and if you still need to go through 4 rounds and win 16 games then the Stanley Cup isn’t tainted. I don’t view the Devils in 95 as having a tainted championship or the Spurs or Heat who won NBA titles in lockout shortened seasons. If you make it through the grind of the playoffs then you deserve to call yourself champion."

For the record 12.6m people agree with me that the rangers 94 cup was tainted as well.

»lmgtfy.com/?q=tainted+1994+rangers

--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Jackarino

Subterfuge for the win because that's your only option? That still doesn't do anything for the Devils 1995 win but add them to the list why not. Yay subterfuge!

td100776
Premium
Manalapan NJ
reply to MuDvAyNe

How is the 94 cup tainted?

MuDvAyNe
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

said by td100776:

Never said it was lol. I was just using an example as how his google search suggested 17m people agreed with his logic. I go and type tainted 1994 rangers and guess what 12.6m people have searched that before. Ask me why and I couldn't tell you but just because people google search something doesn't mean they "agree" with that they are searching.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to MuDvAyNe

Hey, Bryzgalov has his moments just like your goalie. At least my goalie isn't in his 40's.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

td100776
Premium
Manalapan NJ

may not be in his 40's but he has a humoungas big 5 hole like the universe.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to Jackarino

Im going to say I told you so when the Flyers win it all.
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Babbat
Blissfully Ignorant
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Long Island
reply to Jackarino

My Islanders are going to lose less games this season than normal!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

The islanders lol

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to td100776

said by td100776:

It's just his attempt at subterfuge. I know it fails worse then Cowboy's or Met's but it was a valiant effort!
--