Reviews:
·voip.ms
·PHONE POWER
·AT&T U-Verse
·VOIPO
reply to Stewart

Re: inum provider recommendation

Stewart,

I think I understand. So with Localphone - where would I set it up? I can't see such function...

There are a few downsides as well. First, I need to set up predetermined phone numbers (and address idiosyncrasies of caller id: does country call show up? and if I guessed wrong - how would I guess what should have been?). Second, I have a cousin who calls both us and our in-laws. If I hard-wire ("one-stage") her call to me, it may ruin my family happiness

Last, You can get a Latvian DID for less than $1/mo; so this is the easiest one-stage calling country in Europe to set up...

Not that these downsides would ever stop me... Very curious to set it up! Where are those access numbers listed?
--
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13

Access Numbers:

Rebtel
»www.rebtel.com/en/Get-Help/Access-Numbers/

iNum
»www.inum.net/?page_id=42

ymhee_bcex
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Tarzana, CA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·PHONE POWER
·AT&T U-Verse
·VOIPO

That's very kind of you, Eliezer to send those links (inum link is in one of my posts above btw).

But I don't think they address my question, or rather provide an example of what Stewart is describing. Namely, a page where I can register a caller-id, and a call from that number will automatically get forwarded to me without caller having to dialing my number explicitly.
--
Technical problems are more often than not management incompetence masquerading as technical issues