how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

ATT outage in Chicago

several disconnects in the morning, and then a 4 hrs outage from about 15:00 to 18:40
multiple resyncs to various dslam setting, authentication failures no network access.
Was this an unpaid intern training exercise, or lack of ATT resources forcing routine maintenance on live network?

DavidEBSmith
Premium
join:2005-12-23
Chicago, IL

On the northwest side, since 1/1, my modem log only shows one 22 second hiccup early on 1/6.

satan2k

join:2013-01-07
Chicago, IL

daily DSL line sync problems for the last 10 days - Chicago, NW. pulling line from wall jack gives relief for a few hours.

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to public

Glitchy yesterday and today on IPDSLAM service at Belmont and Sheffield in Chicago. Several issues today...

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by brg:

Glitchy yesterday and today on IPDSLAM service at Belmont and Sheffield in Chicago. Several issues today...

Were you forced from dsl to uhearse, or was it an original installation?

brg

join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

My decision.

I'd always had "old-school" DSL. I was one of the first Chicago-area customers (spring of 2000, I think), initially getting 768 Kbps/160 Kbps over the then-required unbundled loop. Over time I upgraded to line-share because it actually offered better speeds, first gaining 1.5 Mbps down, then 3/.5, and ultimately 6.0/.768.

I moved of my own volition from DSL to Uverse during the summer of '11 because I could double my speed for lots less $$$ -- particularly cheap because I still had the land-line. Uverse (happily, as you'll see) required a return to the unbundled loop for the IPDSLAM service. After a nightmare of a botched conversion (both in technical and billing terms) from DSL to IPSDLAM, things eventually settled-in just fine. I then activated my all-along secret plan and ditched the land-line, converting to VoIP for telephone service.

My service is good. Generally rock-solid. Fast enough. You end up with what is effectively a static IP (even more so than what you get with a cable connection) which, to some, is a plus. I'm happy.

Of course, when my deal runs out, and they then start charging me $9 more a month than RCN's cable internet that provides twice the speed, I'll be unhappy. But I can always then switch...

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by brg:

My decision.

I moved of my own volition from DSL to Uverse during the summer of '11 because I could double my speed for lots less $$$ -- particularly cheap because I still had the land-line. Uverse (happily, as you'll see) required a return to the unbundled loop for the IPDSLAM service.

There are no vrad boxes in the area, all service seems to be long loop limited bandwidth dsl.