uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal
This is a sub-selection from [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

rawrblam

@shawcable.net
reply to Shaw_Alex

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

I've been having issues for the last few weeks with severe slowdown during evening hours in the Wolseley area of Winnipeg. I'm consistently getting sub 1 Mb/s down on the shaw speedtest and the upload portion generally times out or fails. This issue is not unique to my area of town and others I have spoken with are having similar issues (some dating back to the fall). I contacted phone support twice and was told both times that there is extreme node saturation during peak hours and that the only thing that can be done to fix it is a node split. Both reps I spoke with were unable to provide me with a timeframe other than to say "that sort of thing is up to Operations and can take some time" which is completely unacceptable. Obviously not every situation is the same but in your experience how long has it taken this sort of thing to be resolved?

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1

It really depends. The engineers know far in advance when nodes need to be split, so when areas become saturated it's because we haven't been able to solve the issue on schedule. I wouldn't know exactly what the delay would be, but if you send me your account number i'll do my best to find an ETA.

This is a sub-selection from [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep