uniqs

lighthouseJ
cheers
join:2005-05-02
Golden, CO

lighthouseJ to thecrisis

to thecrisis

Re: [Speed] RCN Astoria NY Speeds bad past 5pm

I called yesterday here in Astoria and they are sending a tech out so hopefully they find the issue.
marlz827
join:2013-01-06
Astoria, NY

marlz827

I have been in touch with a senior person in gmail , she told me they still have issues and stuff and will get back to me on monday

lighthouseJ
cheers
join:2005-05-02
Golden, CO

lighthouseJ to marlz827

to marlz827
I have to say the tech dude came out yesterday and checked the wires and some other stuff. After everything he replaced the modem and I must say there is a noticeable difference. I guess I needed a new modem or maybe the modem need to be reconfigured.
thecrisis
join:2006-01-13
Long Island City, NY

thecrisis to marlz827

to marlz827
Do you have any update from the senior tech? Astoria peak speeds are still ridiculously slow and the latency is horrible.
Expand your moderator at work
negativeduck
Premium Member
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA

negativeduck to marlz827

Premium Member

to marlz827

Re: [Speed] RCN Astoria NY Speeds bad past 5pm

Ok so last few weeks we did a good number of changes and upgrades in this area. We've got a few more that we want to work though but if you guys wouldn't mind following up tonight with how things are that would be great!
thecrisis
Long Island City, NY

thecrisis

Thanks Bryan, I will post my results tonight!
thecrisis

thecrisis

I noticed significantly better latency and speeds during peak time last night!
Neiljoshua
join:2012-08-20
Astoria, NY

1 edit

Neiljoshua

Click for full size
I have been away for a couples of weeks. I am in the Astoria park area. I noticed a big improvement in the speeds. It is 7 pm, and the speeds are great. I did the test using my Cisco wireless router.

Thank you RCN!

thecrisis
Long Island City, NY

thecrisis to marlz827

to marlz827
Very odd, I've noticed a significant decrease in speed again during peak hours. I'm getting 4~5mbps on my DOCSIS 3 modem in Astoria Ditmars. Not sure if this is snow related but I'll continue to monitor throughout the week.