rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Divisional Playoff Weekend

Pay no attention to the annoying Patriot's fan in the corner.

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
lol, it loses some of it's comedy effect when taken out of context.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to Moorecards
What a weekend! That was football, and when I thought the Pats were going to walk away, the Texans made it a game.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
ATL fans must have been pissing in their pants those last couple of minutes!

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

lol, it loses some of it's comedy effect when taken out of context.

The context shift is the joke. I think it's funny as Hell!

We'll see if »profootballmock.com/ does anything funny today.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to sailor
said by sailor:

Question for everyone...

If you were a pro football player what position would you like to play? Not what you did play in school but what position would you like to play in the pro's if you had a choice of any position?

I played DE in high school and it was a lot of fun. I'm not big enough to play that position in the pros but that's what I'd like to play were it possible.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards
Russell Wilson - ROY. That kid is incredible.

Peyton Manning made me eat my words. Absolutely pathetic down the stretch. How do you kneel with 30ish seconds and 2 timeouts? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Then the pick in OT??

This weekend: Tom Brady most playoff wins in History. Manning most playoff loses in history, tied with Favre.

Jim Harbaugh made the right decision in benching ALex Smith for Kaepernick. WIn or lose this weekend they made it where they were last year, and Kaep will only get better. Plus they can trade Smith to plenty of QB needy teams.
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards
Late to the party but I'll have to say the the SEA ATL game was one of the best I've ever watched.

Those 31 seconds were heartbreaking for us in the PNW and I blame it squarely on poor play calling (armchair sports guru drew... ha!)

That said, I love our prospects for next year. I am rooting for a Harbaughbowl this year. The amount of rage and hilarious camera shots during the game would be amazing to watch.

I want the 49ers to win it all though... Kaepernick is doing something great.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
reply to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

Jim Harbaugh made the right decision in benching ALex Smith for Kaepernick. WIn or lose this weekend they made it where they were last year, and Kaep will only get better. Plus they can trade Smith to plenty of QB needy teams.

Talk currently here in NY has Alex Smith quarterbacking the Jets next season.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
Why? So Rex can ruin him too?

Has a player ever refused to report to their new team after being traded?

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

What a weekend! That was football, and when I thought the Pats were going to walk away, the Texans made it a game.

Best weekend of games in a long, long time.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to drew
said by drew:

Late to the party but I'll have to say the the SEA ATL game was one of the best I've ever watched.

Those 31 seconds were heartbreaking for us in the PNW and I blame it squarely on poor play calling (armchair sports guru drew... ha!)

That said, I love our prospects for next year.

3 teams with very good prospects for next year and beyond:
Seattle
Washington
Indianapolis

It'll be many years before people realize exactly how good this group of rookie quarterbacks is, and how much each of them lifted their teams.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
My worry about Washington is RG3... Is everyone sure he's going to be able to play 100% come pre-season? I really want him to be but I don't know.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Moorecards
Are we going from the era of the "franchise QB" to the era of the "throw-away QB"?

Are the days of seeking a franchise QB that will be around for 10-15 years coming to an end?

With the success of relative unknowns Kaepernick and Wilson, and the success of relatively well known RGIII, all mobile, running QBs, will this be the new model in the coming years?

Yes, these QBs are taking the league by storm. But at what cost? RGIII took a lot of hits this year. You can bet that next year, defenses will evolve to address the likes of Kaepernick and Wilson (similar to what happened to Cam Newton).

These guys will take a lot of hits if they continue to scamper the way they have. With rookie salaries and contracts being capped with the new CBA, teams could be more likely to pick up multiple such QBs in early rounds, knowing full well that they may not have a lengthy career due to injuries; but if you can have two or three such players available on your roster for what it would cost to keep a single franchise-type guy on your roster by the time the franchise guy hits his second or third contract, why put all your eggs in one basket?

It gets you wins now at the expense of the players' careers. McScramble gets hurt? Too bad, so sad - "O'Scamper, get in there!"
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to drew
said by drew:

My worry about Washington is RG3... Is everyone sure he's going to be able to play 100% come pre-season? I really want him to be but I don't know.

I doubt he'll be ready for the preseason and probably not for the beginning of the regular season. He had surgery on both his ACL and LCL and recovery's going to take 8-12 months. He'll try to come back sooner but I doubt the team will let him.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

Send Smith to the Jets, where they can have another lost year with Sanchez as first stringer QB.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
reply to Moorecards
Some chatter on the radio this morning about the Seahawks possibly picking up Tebow and trading Flynn to the Jets. We need a backup QB that can run the read option offense Wilson plays.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA
said by drew:

Some chatter on the radio this morning about the Seahawks possibly picking up Tebow and trading Flynn to the Jets. We need a backup QB that can run the read option offense Wilson plays.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Tough one. While some think Tebow is over rated, he is a good QB (atleast by the stats I have seen). Now Tebow vs Flynn - I would probably keep Flynn and pass on Tebow if only because we already know what Flynn can do. I think bringing in another QB (thus possibly inciting another QB controversy) may be too big a risk (not to mention a distraction). Make no mistake: I think Tebow will land on his feet somewhere, just not in Seattle.
--
Computer: Antec 850w PSU, ASUS M4A89GTDPRO-USB3, AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2GHZ, ATI Radeon 5770, SB XFI Fatal1ty, 8GB Kingston DDR3, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, KIS 2012, Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX, Frontier DSL 768/128 w/ Westell 6100 C90 & Linksys WRT120N

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
I see the point the commentator was making though. Flynn and Wilson don't have the same play style.

wolfy339

Edmonds, WA
said by drew:

I see the point the commentator was making though. Flynn and Wilson don't have the same play style.

True, but I would still classify the pursuit of Tebow by the Seahawks as a waste of time given that they already have two competent QBs
--
Computer: Antec 850w PSU, ASUS M4A89GTDPRO-USB3, AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2GHZ, ATI Radeon 5770, SB XFI Fatal1ty, 8GB Kingston DDR3, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, KIS 2012, Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX, Frontier DSL 768/128 w/ Westell 6100 C90 & Linksys WRT120N

drew
Radiant
Premium
Port Orchard, WA
Can't we free up some cap room by letting go of Flynn?

wolfy339

Edmonds, WA
said by drew:

Maybe, but I would expect any cap room that is freed up would be gobbled up by what Tebow would be paid.

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA
reply to drew
said by drew:

I guarantee the Seahawks would rather trade Flynn and get some draft compensation. If they release Flynn the Hawks will take a cap hit and have to pay him his $10M guaranteed as part of his contract. There will be suitors for Flynn, guaranteed.

The Seahawks currently have positive cap space of $18.6M according to The Professor, John Clayton. This is tied for 10th best and is quite favorable.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wolfy339
said by wolfy339:

said by drew:

True, but I would still classify the pursuit of Tebow by the Seahawks as a waste of time given that they already have two competent QBs

Going after a halfback playing quarterback is always a bad move. Tebow has been hosed by every team he's played for so far. Most teams understand that message loud and clear. He fills seats at the stadiums and excites the fans but does little when it comes to actually playing. (Tebow 0 Failure 2)
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

wolfy339

Edmonds, WA
said by Draiman:

said by wolfy339:

said by drew:

Going after a halfback playing quarterback is always a bad move. Tebow has been hosed by every team he's played for so far. Most teams understand that message loud and clear. He fills seats at the stadiums and excites the fans but does little when it comes to actually playing. (Tebow 0 Failure 2)

Good point, but at the same time not really what I was thinking. Flynn or Wilson are halfback playing QBs, and they work well with the Seahawks offense. The waste of time comes in with the fact that QB is not where the problem is on Seahawks, nor where the team needs the most improvement. Rather, where the team needs improvement is with other positions - mostly Offensive Line and defense, possibly in the receiving corps too. Now, that said, if the team makes these improvements and still wants to add Tebow as a third QB I would say OK to that.
--

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Draiman
said by Draiman:

(Tebow 0 Failure 2)

He didn't play enough for the Jets to call his time their a failure, based on his production.

He could've sucked in practice and that's why he wasn't getting playing time -- but that's only a speculation on my part for a possible reason.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by aurgathor:

said by Draiman:

(Tebow 0 Failure 2)

He didn't play enough for the Jets to call his time their a failure, based on his production.

He could've sucked in practice and that's why he wasn't getting playing time -- but that's only a speculation on my part for a possible reason.

He failed to sell himself as a viable option and failed to show them he was worth giving a chance. You don't have to step onto the field to fail. Just ask the Saint's about that one.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I have to disagree. The way the Jets team was organized, Tebow could not have been successful there. If he was a good pocket passer maybe they would have given him more than a few snaps here and there, but he isn't. He's not the QB the Jets were looking for, but they took him anyway and had him rotting on the bench.
Hell, they waited forever to put McElroy in there after Sanchez stunk up the joint game after game.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

Breaking News!!!

Reports are coming in that the Patriots have brought in another tight end for this weekend...

The legality of the move is being evaluated by league officials...

Will Belicheat stop at nothing to win?
--

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by rockotman:

Reports are coming in that the Patriots have brought in another tight end for this weekend...

The legality of the move is being evaluated by league officials...

Will Belicheat stop at nothing to win?

LOL.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.