drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to wolfy339

Re: [NFL] Divisional Playoff Weekend

Can't we free up some cap room by letting go of Flynn?

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

said by drew:

Maybe, but I would expect any cap room that is freed up would be gobbled up by what Tebow would be paid.

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA
reply to drew

said by drew:

I guarantee the Seahawks would rather trade Flynn and get some draft compensation. If they release Flynn the Hawks will take a cap hit and have to pay him his $10M guaranteed as part of his contract. There will be suitors for Flynn, guaranteed.

The Seahawks currently have positive cap space of $18.6M according to The Professor, John Clayton. This is tied for 10th best and is quite favorable.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to wolfy339

said by wolfy339:

said by drew:

I see the point the commentator was making though. Flynn and Wilson don't have the same play style.

True, but I would still classify the pursuit of Tebow by the Seahawks as a waste of time given that they already have two competent QBs

Going after a halfback playing quarterback is always a bad move. Tebow has been hosed by every team he's played for so far. Most teams understand that message loud and clear. He fills seats at the stadiums and excites the fans but does little when it comes to actually playing. (Tebow 0 Failure 2)
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

wolfy339

join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

said by Draiman:

said by wolfy339:

said by drew:

I see the point the commentator was making though. Flynn and Wilson don't have the same play style.

True, but I would still classify the pursuit of Tebow by the Seahawks as a waste of time given that they already have two competent QBs

Going after a halfback playing quarterback is always a bad move. Tebow has been hosed by every team he's played for so far. Most teams understand that message loud and clear. He fills seats at the stadiums and excites the fans but does little when it comes to actually playing. (Tebow 0 Failure 2)

Good point, but at the same time not really what I was thinking. Flynn or Wilson are halfback playing QBs, and they work well with the Seahawks offense. The waste of time comes in with the fact that QB is not where the problem is on Seahawks, nor where the team needs the most improvement. Rather, where the team needs improvement is with other positions - mostly Offensive Line and defense, possibly in the receiving corps too. Now, that said, if the team makes these improvements and still wants to add Tebow as a third QB I would say OK to that.
--
Computer: Antec 850w PSU, ASUS M4A89GTDPRO-USB3, AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2GHZ, ATI Radeon 5770, SB XFI Fatal1ty, 8GB Kingston DDR3, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, KIS 2012, Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX, Frontier DSL 768/128 w/ Westell 6100 C90 & Linksys WRT120N

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to Draiman

said by Draiman:

(Tebow 0 Failure 2)

He didn't play enough for the Jets to call his time their a failure, based on his production.

He could've sucked in practice and that's why he wasn't getting playing time -- but that's only a speculation on my part for a possible reason.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by aurgathor:

said by Draiman:

(Tebow 0 Failure 2)

He didn't play enough for the Jets to call his time their a failure, based on his production.

He could've sucked in practice and that's why he wasn't getting playing time -- but that's only a speculation on my part for a possible reason.

He failed to sell himself as a viable option and failed to show them he was worth giving a chance. You don't have to step onto the field to fail. Just ask the Saint's about that one.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

I have to disagree. The way the Jets team was organized, Tebow could not have been successful there. If he was a good pocket passer maybe they would have given him more than a few snaps here and there, but he isn't. He's not the QB the Jets were looking for, but they took him anyway and had him rotting on the bench.
Hell, they waited forever to put McElroy in there after Sanchez stunk up the joint game after game.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards

Breaking News!!!

Reports are coming in that the Patriots have brought in another tight end for this weekend...

The legality of the move is being evaluated by league officials...

Will Belicheat stop at nothing to win?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by rockotman:

Reports are coming in that the Patriots have brought in another tight end for this weekend...

The legality of the move is being evaluated by league officials...

Will Belicheat stop at nothing to win?

LOL.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Divisional Playoff Weekend

Ravens stopping Brady requires what?

There’s no set way for defenses to stop Tom Brady. If there were then former Patriots and current Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees would have found it by now. Then again, he could always get someone else to do his dirty work.

Hire Tonya Harding,” Pees joked to a response of resounding laughter from the Baltimore media before giving another possible solution. “If they were getting off the bus, I’d spray water outside the bus and hope it freezes.”

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

He's just exaggerating to try to make the NE players complacent, so they can surprise them. Arizona, Seattle and SF showed that the Patriots can be rather vulnerable. One can either stop Brady, or just score more points. (duh!)

Whether the Ravens can do that -- that remains to be seen. They will probably fight back more effectively than the Texans.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to Moorecards

Great game by the 49'ers............Seahawks should have been playing though.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Great game by the 49'ers............Seahawks should have been playing though.

Only the winners get to play again. Seattle will have their chance again but not in 2012.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

Nobody gets to play again in 2012!

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rockotman:

Nobody gets to play again in 2012!

2012 season happening through 02/03/2013.