how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ
reply to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers in Philly!

Ha, if they said that to me, I would've told them to cancel my account, then I'll call and sign up for service again.

Reminds me of when I got a new car last year. My old car had XM radio in it, and my new one has Sirius. They're the same company, but when I called and asked to have my account switched to my new car, they told me there would be a $15 "transfer fee." So I told them to just cancel my XM account, and I would hang up and call right back and get a new Sirius account. Well what do you know, the fee was waived.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
If you cancel the account you'd have to put the new account under a different name since otherwise you wouldn't be considered a new customer but instead a returning customer.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ
said by Mike Wolf:

If you cancel the account you'd have to put the new account under a different name since otherwise you wouldn't be considered a new customer but instead a returning customer.

D'oh! Guess I'll have to get married to be able to use my would-be wife's name to hatch the X1 ruse.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
Careful they may look into it and request a marriage certificate lol Anyway I wouldn't worry about it since it should be available to existing customers as well.