spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WOWWHAT

@wideopenwest.com

Dearborn Heights Pixilated Sound and Picture since Dec 2012

Is anyone else experiencing pixilated channels (all channels) since December 27, 2012? This occurs at approximately each evening about 7:30 - 7:40 PM, and continues until 11:40 PM. You can not understand one word or visually comprehend the picture. After today's outing in Dearborn and Dearborn Heights, Michigan the service was again pixilated within 20 minutes after service(s) had been restored, until 10:17PM tonight.
Several emails and attempts to reach WOW to address , which failed, as a busy signal was all multiple calls ended in. This morning a curt fellow (named Michael) at the service center for WOW made the one call I got through to them...useless. Several emails have been returned (canned answer, about how important customers are, but no resolve or plan of action. Is anyone else experiencing these outages ? This would be with Cable television, internet and telephone services.

outsider0

join:2002-11-28
Dearborn, MI
Yep. Over and over and over.

We came, saw, tried to bitch, the two guys that could apparently do it remind me of BOFH on The Register.uk.

Cut the damn video and replace your dodgy machines already - least then we know what we're getting. And do it site-wide - what the hell is wrong with you?

Kill it all til you get it right where you want it. I'll pirate original star trek episodes or watch Linus give an hour-long-talk.

WTF?

Trenton MI

@comcast.net
reply to WOWWHAT
Yes, WOW cable pixilated to death tonight Downriver Detroit for beginning of Downton Abbey season 3. Tech told us on phone that people have been complaining in SE Michigan for a long time about TV freezing up and becoming unwatchable in the evenings. Apparently a "head end node" was being overloaded, and so WOW is finally going to upgrade. Gee! Lousy TV quality, super slow internet, and finally an upgrade. Any kind of refund going to all those customers, WOW? Our politicians let these cable companies rip us off. We pay way, way more than they do in Europe and Asia for service that is far slower/worse. "Free Market" my butt.

Trenton MI

@comcast.net
reply to WOWWHAT
WOW apparently stands for "Will Ours Work?"

Answer, these days, is "Nope."

shelby typ

@sdedesign.com
Two weekends now for me . I quess I should switch company or get more dvd . LOL

BHosinski

@gfmcorp.com
reply to WOWWHAT
We have had the same problem for about 2 weeks now. I have tried to call them but the line is on forever no answer or to busy to answer. I sent them an e-mail with no reply. Im at the point I am going to cancel them and to to one other 2. Being I have been with WOW over 10 years, it will suck to be them.

WFE

join:2013-01-03
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to WOWWHAT
Looks like WDIV (channel 4) is going to do a story on WOW service problems.
Expand your moderator at work

WOWWHAT

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WFE

Re: Dearborn Heights Pixilated Sound and Picture since Dec 2012

Just saw the story, looks as though we are not the only ones! Now to see what kind of company (which we all wanted to see make it) really is! True test will be tonight and nights following and how they handle this with their customers that "have" stood by them...

WOWWHAT

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WFE
Have noticed they have not jumped on here to respond or post! hummm

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI
reply to WOWWHAT
Sounds dumb, but it has worked for me before. Unplug the power to the cable box and wait about 2 min, then plug it back in. About 75% of the time this fixes my pixelation problem. Not sure if the problem is with the box or with the head end.

Klcmkd

@wideopenwest.com
It's their end, they admit it, have been tweeting and they responded to the news team covering it.

WFE

join:2013-01-03
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to WOWWHAT
Email received from WOW this morning:

Thank you for contacting WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone via email. My name is Sean

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are currently experiencing. It appears that we are still experiencing primetime traffic issues due to network issues. This is being worked on by engineers, but due to the fact that it tends to happen at only the busiest time of the day, the resolution is hard to grasp until it happens again the following evening. We understand that this is a frustrating time, and despite the addition of more representatives, we are still experiencing long wait times and busy signals when too many customers are holding.

When the line rings busy, it’s usually do to our lines being at holding capacity (typically 500+ customers per call center) and we are unable to carry anymore customers on hold. We are continually working to manage call volume spikes and to keep our customer hold times down. Rest assured that this is a top priority for our company.

We can’t say that the issue is fully resolved yet, as it only happens during high traffic times. We hope that this network issues and faulty equipment have been addressed at this point, and the primetime interruptions have subsided. However, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this message or contact us by phone. We have representatives available 24/7 to assist you and will do our best to get in contact with you in a timely manner.

Unfortunately due to the recent high call volume, it may not be possible to contact you directly in a timely fashion. To assist you properly please contact us at 1-866-496-9669, representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you would like a call, please respond with a time and number to reach you at, and we will do our best to accommodate your request