Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to alanisrox69

Re: [DVR] Multi Room DVR with Own Router?

Out of curiousity, is there a reason you need to have the Asus router in front of the Actiontec? If you have 150Mb service, they should have given you an Actiontec rev. I router which has gigabit Ethernet...

alanisrox69

join:2005-03-29
LHV, PA
said by UnnDunn:

Out of curiousity, is there a reason you need to have the Asus router in front of the Actiontec? If you have 150Mb service, they should have given you an Actiontec rev. I router which has gigabit Ethernet...

The ActionTec bogs down when you have 22 Ethernet/Wireless devices on the network.

The Asus is needed
--
CHECK YOUR FSLC TAXES!!!

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
said by alanisrox69:

said by UnnDunn:

The ActionTec bogs down when you have 22 Ethernet/Wireless devices on the network.

The Asus is needed

As bsangs mentioned, you could try putting the Asus behind the Actiontec, and turning off the Actiontec's wireless. That way, the Actiontec will still do DHCP and Port Forwarding, but the Asus will do most of the grunt work of moving packets around...

bsangs

join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ
kudos:1
You don't have to necessarily shut off the Actiontec's wireless though. Our Actiontec is in the basement office so we leave it on, giving us two wireless networks in the house. Has been that way for awhile now.