join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to OZO

Premium Member

to OZO

Re: An iPhone Lover's Confession: I Switched To The Nexus 4

said by OZO:

said by trparky:

Android is programmed to kill tasks when an available RAM threshold is reached. When that available RAM threshold is reached it starts killing off old apps depending upon when they were last loaded.

Indeed. But I was talking about the need of re-launching an app, that may start working weird. For example, app, that works with proximity sensor, suddenly stops doing what it's supposed to do. Or a softphone app suddenly stops registering its presence with SIP server. And no matter what you do with that app, it still misbehave. Obviously they have bugs... At this point the only solution offered by Android is to reboot the whole phone (reboot the OS)... If there was a way to correctly stop app (making sure that all system resources are taken back and recycled by system), then starting it again after that incident could help to avoid the reboot.

What is it you want? What does this have to do with the OP?

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

said by PeeWee:

said by OZO:

said by trparky:

Android is programmed to kill tasks when an available RAM threshold is reached. When that available RAM threshold is reached it starts killing off old apps depending upon when they were last loaded.

Indeed. But I was talking about the need of re-launching an app, that may start working weird. For example, app, that works with proximity sensor, suddenly stops doing what it's supposed to do. Or a softphone app suddenly stops registering its presence with SIP server. And no matter what you do with that app, it still misbehave. Obviously they have bugs... At this point the only solution offered by Android is to reboot the whole phone (reboot the OS)... If there was a way to correctly stop app (making sure that all system resources are taken back and recycled by system), then starting it again after that incident could help to avoid the reboot.

What is it you want? What does this have to do with the OP?

I don't think he is going to answer...