Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fromabuick8

join:2013-01-06
Erlanger, KY
reply to fromabuick8

Re: Switch from insight to Cincinnati Bell Fiber Optics

Ok thanks a lot, looking at the web page it offers all the way to 100 Mpbs so it sounds like they offer fiber to the house.

I think i might make the switch, i have been happy with the insight service, but paying $50 a month for 10 Mbps has always irked me. I also just received a letter from them saying it was going to be more expensive.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit
Yes - if 100Mbps is offered then it isn't a FTTN connection. If FTTH is being offered you can probably see the fiber connection points on the streets outside. The connectors on the bottom distinguish them from other overhead enclosures. See the pic in this thread:

»TONS of Fioptics Questions

Crackbone

join:2013-01-03
Ft Mitchell, KY
reply to fromabuick8
I too was fairly happy with their service, but their pricing was another matter entirely.

Additionally, I've seen price increases over the last couple of months on both the TV and internet side.

So far it's been a relatively painless transition. Their STBs need some work (IPTV) but they've been fairly reliable, however, it's not inconvenient enough not to take the price discount and the superior internet service.