spc
uniqs

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to NO_CAPS

Premium Member

to NO_CAPS

Re: Do you have to get the 305 mbs plan to have no data cap?

Well it look's like I will have to call in for the 305 or business class. What is Comcast in the dark ages or something?

I hope that I don't feel the need to pay for the 305 or my Dad would be so pissed for having internet more than 10x faster than his with out costing 10x more.

Thanks for the business class idea, that seem's like a good way to save money for a unlimited user like me or high data user like me. I have unlimited data on my two smart phones and home internet so I have never really had to deal with a hard cap before. Ok 56k day's I did, but then I got unlimited and well then went to cable that has always been unlimited. So this cap for home ISP is new to me and I am glad there seems to be a way around it.

Thanks to all posters.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by why60loss:

Well it look's like I will have to call in for the 305 or business class. What is Comcast in the dark ages or something?

For 305 they have to do a site survey as they will likely be doing a fair bit of fiber construction.

I will say that 305 service is pretty awesome compared to anything offered on coax.

why60loss
Premium Member

why60loss

Premium Member

The house is on a 1-1,5 acre lot so yes I am sure they would. I think there is a possibly it may fail the site survey if it's to far away from the road.

My Verizon bud and just about every one I know would be pissed at me if I managed to get and pay for a 305 connection. I had all ways wanted FIO's, so I am leaning a bit for the 305 idea Vs business class.

Has any one signed up for the 305 had any support issues or speed issues? Like is there any thing I should know before I try that way?

Thanks and the 305 sounds awesome wish it was not so costly.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by why60loss:

Has any one signed up for the 305 had any support issues or speed issues? Like is there any thing I should know before I try that way?

Thanks and the 305 sounds awesome wish it was not so costly.

With a lot that big, are you sure you can even get Comcast cable to begin with?

Yes, I have 305 »Getting 305/65

why60loss
Premium Member

1 edit

why60loss

Premium Member

Yes It will, I have put the address online and can get the 20,50 and 105 plan's. Comcast Tv was in the house at one point I think as well. The web site even showed me a link to this:»www.comcast.com/ned-305 after putting the address in. I know they may not be able to run it to the house or it may be a mistake all together, but at lest I have a shot.

edit: That is cool as mess, even with the 500 start up fee. I just don't care for the 3 year contract with 1k ETF. Oh well it's still cool and if I can fit it in my finances safely I may do it. I will just need to see how every thing works out after I move.