dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

What are they smoking

These prices might appeal to those with bad credit but c'mon.
prepaid is normally used by those smart consumers wanting to avoid those unfees.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

I think they don't understand the difference between "prepaid" and "PAYG".
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Didcha read the press release? Once you are outside of Sprint's robust network, you roam on EDGE. Interestingly enough, that shouldn't be a problem because when I was ON Sprints native network it was getting EDGE speeds This product is definitely targeted toward MetroPCS folks (metro, bad credit)...maybe they can pick up a few subs....

This is no more than Sprint putting a checkbox (me too) to compete with the anemic native prepaid offerings from AT&T and Verizon and more importantly siphon off a few MetroPCS subs while TMO is in the transition. The only twist I see is LTE at this point, which they are going to offer to their MVNO anyways (including Sprint-owned MVNO), so if some poor soul who has bad credit when they roll into the store, the sales guys have a product to sell.

Like I said, fill in the checkbox...
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo

I read the Fierce[category_here] article about the cute-sy 'Sprint As You Go' non-brand. Was there a press release, too? (No, I didn't go to the Sprint site to see.)

(...not sure what that has to do with what I said earlier)

SteelerRaw
@timet.com

SteelerRaw to elefante72

Anon

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Didcha read the press release? Once you are outside of Sprint's robust network, you roam on EDGE. Interestingly enough, that shouldn't be a problem because when I was ON Sprints native network it was getting EDGE speeds

Sprint, nor any of it's domestic roaming partners, does not use EDGE. EDGE is a GSM thing...
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

I'm sure this person meant 1x GPRS, which is actually natively slower than EDGE. But I see his point. I ditched Sprint for this very reason. It would piss me off to see 3G on my phone but the websites would not load or get anywhere.
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh

said by tired_runner:

I'm sure this person meant 1x GPRS, which is actually natively slower than EDGE. But I see his point. I ditched Sprint for this very reason. It would piss me off to see 3G on my phone but the websites would not load or get anywhere.

GPRS is also a GSM Tech... you're actually looking for 1xRTT
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to dvd536

to dvd536
I have bad credit 740 rating..

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
The unfees, charged by Verizon is why I went with Pageplus... same network coverage.. none of the fees.

*Sprints coverage locally is bad... I only get 2 bars... with VZ [Pageplus] I get 4 bars... in my house and 3 bars in the basement. Most importantly- no mysteriously dropped calls.