donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Days of Supposed Deals (Business) Start today

»www1.ca.dell.com/content ··· =4609213

Of course I do not see any deals. The U2412M monitor is on for......regular price?!?

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

On the Vostro 3560.

Windows 7 HOME on a BUSINESS machine?!?

Sheesh!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

How bout a 120gb SSD for $457.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to donoreo

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Of course I do not see any deals. The U2412M monitor is on for......regular price?!?

Looks like none of the accessories are actually discounted...

Devanchya
Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
It started in the last Dell Deals, non of the Accessories were on sale then either. A monitor might be listed in the Deal section, but another one in the Accessories would not be on sale.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

It looks like they have updated, things are on sale now. U2412M for $249

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007 to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

On the Vostro 3560.

Windows 7 HOME on a BUSINESS machine?!?

Sheesh!

Hey, at least it's Windows 7, not 8! That's actually a nice system for $399. Lowest price I've seen for a Dell laptop that uses the HM77 chipset (like the Inspiron 15R) instead of the older one.

milnoc
Ottawa

milnoc

If I had the money, I *might* have gotten the 15R in the last set of deals. Loaded with Win 7 Pro, I believe they were selling it for as low as $330.

I say *might* because I prefer the sub-12" "Netbook" form factor without the optical drive. Much more convenient when on the road and your work space is severely limited.
said by Anav:

How bout a 120gb SSD for $457.

WTF?!?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Now down to $164, they didnt have the discounts up yet, now it seems they do. LOL

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member

Wolfie007 to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc
said by milnoc:

If I had the money, I *might* have gotten the 15R in the last set of deals. Loaded with Win 7 Pro, I believe they were selling it for as low as $330.

I don't think so, and I've been following them pretty closely. Maybe one of the old Linux Vostros, or even one of the older Inspiron 15's, but I don't think a 15R has ever been under $499, and that's with Win7 Home Premium, not Pro. The lack of decent discounts on them has been really annoying.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
These "deals" remind me of the zellers liquidation, they say the original price is higher then the normal selling one and discount.

I've had my eye on the XPS 13 ultrabook Dells answer to the MBA, going rate has been about 999, this deal jacks the price to 1150 and it's "sale" price is 950.

milnoc
Ottawa

milnoc to Wolfie007

to Wolfie007
It might not have been the 15R, but the specs on the machine that was offered were more than good enough for what I wanted to do with it, and Win 7 Pro was only a $30 extra. The only problem with it (aside from my lack of cash) was that it was just too big. I sometimes need to bring my computer with me in very tight spaces.

That's why I'm still using my Asus 1000HE netbook, now with an SSD. I could have it resting on a small table next to a wood chip dumper with the hopper vibrator active, and it won't be affected.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to donoreo

to donoreo
Another craptastic day today... The U2713HM is "on sale" for exactly the same price they've been selling it for over the last couple of months.

I was hoping they'd be having a real sale on the U2711 but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Linux Vostro laptop at $299 today.
APC BR1000G Back-UPS Pro 1000 VA 120V Power-Saving UPS $115
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by donoreo:

Wow, the dumb, under-powered version of the 1500VA Smart UPS they used to have for 50% more money. I'll get right on that

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by IamGimli:

said by donoreo:

Wow, the dumb, under-powered version of the 1500VA Smart UPS they used to have for 50% more money. I'll get right on that

Not as good as the old ones, but this is a good price for this model.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

1 edit

Thane_Bitter to IamGimli

Premium Member

to IamGimli
Actually it’s MUCH worse:
"Waveform Type Stepped approximation to a sinewave"

It also lacks any sort of management feature outside a USB/Serial port; the 1500 they use to sell at least had a smart card slot which added a whole array of expansion communication and control options. The run time is crap as well barely 4mins at full load; it will be half that amount as the batteries age.

edit: typo

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Thane_Bitter:

Actually it’s MUCH worse:
"Waveform Type Stepped approximation to a sinewave"

It also lacks any sort of management feature outside a USB/Serial port; the 1500 they use to sell at least had a smart card slot which added a whole array of expansion communication and control options. The run time is crap as well barely 4mins at full load; it will be half that amount as the batters age.

Stepped is expected at this price.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to donoreo

MVM

to donoreo
APC has two new entry-level Smart-UPS series, the SC and C line.

The SC are all stepped approximation, available in 420, 450 (rackmount), and 620 VA levels.

The C series, however, is true sinewave, in 1000 and 1500 VA levels, both available as rack or tower versions. The cheapest APC UPS with a true sinewave output is therefore the SMC1000, which has an MSRP of $310 USD, and a street price of $264 CAD.

The downside is that they don't support extended run options, and they have small batteries. Yes, you get a true sinewave output, but at 500W you only get 8 minutes of runtime.

One confusing thing is that the pictures of the tower version of the SMC1000 has an external battery port, but the rackmount SMC1000 doesn't... And they don't list any extended run options, and googling doesn't turn up anything about it. The SMT models have a similar plug... It's triangular, and not the same as the normal APC external battery plugs, which are a long rectangle...

EDIT: Apparently these models actually don't contain an internal battery at all, so the external battery connector is for connecting their ONLY battery.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member

Wolfie007

Premium Member

The venerable old SmartUPS 1500's that Dell used to have on sale have fantastic runtime on light load, like an ordinary single PC and LCD monitor. I came home once on a windy night and the power was on but it looked like it had been out for hours. The APC battery was charging and up to about 50% at that moment, but the computer had happily stayed on the whole time -- all my apps and windows were right where I had left them!

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

So far today is a "page not found"

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

»www1.ca.dell.com/content ··· er&s=bsd

Nothing really special.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by ekster:

»www1.ca.dell.com/content ··· er&s=bsd

Nothing really special.

I still get a page not found.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

That's odd. It worked for about 5 minutes and gives me page not found too, now. Maybe they're still adjusting it or adding things, then.

Devanchya
Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya

Premium Member

I had to shift-refresh for it to show up.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to ekster

to ekster
The link off the Dell.ca home page is still dead but I was able to get to the page from the link you posted.

Vostro 3560 laptop: $479
Vostro 3360 13" laptop: $579
Vostro 270 desktop: $449
Optiplex 9010 all-in-one desktop: $1,189

Dell - UltraSharp U2212HM 21.5-inch Widescreen Monitor: $159
Dell - Professional P1913 19-inch Widescreen Monitor with LED: $109
Dell C1660w Color Printer: $149.99
IOGEAR USB Theater Sound Xperience Audio Adapter: $8.99

And the same PowerEdge T310 server they've had since Monday.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member

Wolfie007

Premium Member

said by IamGimli:

The link off the Dell.ca home page is still dead but I was able to get to the page from the link you posted.

The links all resolve to the same place. The "Deals" page has been on-again off-again since early this morning.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Nothing interesting and it looks like they have not got the sale prices all up yet anyway.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member

Wolfie007

Premium Member

You're right about nothing much today. Unless someone was looking for a regular non-widescreen monitor which are scarce these days -- $108 for a 19" 5:4 LED monitor is not bad. VGA-only connectivity is pretty lame, though.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Meh again. They do also have a 48 hour sale on:

Electronics:

»accessories.dell.com/sna ··· U42G7-v1

PCs:

»www.dell.com/ca/p/weekly ··· L0HF4-v1