how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeffrez

join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA

community meetings planned over windstream service

This public announcement seems to have been removed from WS FaceBook Page but we were asked to share the info for anyone who can attend.

Meetings need to be set up in all US cities effected.

Windstream and Boycom customers in the Piedmont area are having a meeting today Jan 7 at 6:30, at the Wayne County Community Building. Representative Paul Fitzwater will be there to hear any concerns.

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14

You might want to be more specific. Wayne County - MO? MI? GA? NC? Aside from those there are another dozen states with a Wayne County.

Jeffrez

Jefferson, GA
reply to Jeffrez

Only that vague info was posted on WS FB page by a member but it was deleted by WS. I guess Paul Fitzwaters is the only real helpful info. I found more by Googling the posters name. PM me if you need that.

Regardless we all need to be having our own meetings.

Jeffrez

Jefferson, GA
reply to Jeffrez

There have been several news articles in the Windstream issues on this area. Here is one:
»www.waynecojournalbanner.com/new···31a.html

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14

Ah, good. So it looks like Piedmont, MO is the place. Here's a link specifically about the meeting you mentioned:

»www.waynecojournalbanner.com/new···878.html

This is what really grinds my gears about the WS problems - my unborn grandchildren get to pay for it:

Fitzwater said that he received a telephone call from Big River Telephone last week. Big River owns the advanced wireless spectrum for Wayne County. When the federal government awarded stimulus money a couple of years ago, Big River received a huge grant to provide high speed internet to a large region in Southeast Missouri. Big River’s upgrades came to the Wayne/Bollinger county line. Fitzwater said that Big River did not come into Wayne County because another company received federal funding. Windstream received $10.3 million in stimulus money to provide internet upgrades; Wayne County was listed as one area where money would be spent.

calvinj

join:2011-08-16
united state
reply to Jeffrez

“We are aware of the speed issues affecting some customers in Piedmont, and we are looking at several options to see if we can improve performance in the area,” Chewning told Combs. “Until network upgrades are completed, the service may remain the same. We are committed to providing your area with the best service possible and are working diligently with our network engineers to determine the best course of action to alleviate the speed issues affecting some users in Piedmont. I will touch base with you in a few weeks with an update regarding our plans.”

I don't know if these nice guys that took over Jan 1 realized that they have at least another year or so to wait for this information.

“I acknowledge that this information is likely unsatisfactory, but rest assured, our executive team is fully aware of Piedmont and is working along with our network engineers on a possible solution,” Chewning continued.

What this should have said is: rest assured our executive team is continuing to line their pockets with your area's payments and at some point we'll look at upgrading the network.

Maybe they are already in the works, but as much troubles as this has been, it should be an easy sell to their local utilities board to get some incumbent telco or cable company in there. The state or some grant could be able to help with said costs if they knew all of the unhappy customers would bail in a hurry

DawsonvilleG

join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA
kudos:1
reply to Jeffrez

Jeffrez, Please check your PM/Email and get back with me ASAP. Thanks!

Jeffrez

Jefferson, GA
reply to Jeffrez

I wish MO was a short drive for me. I would totally attend that meeting! If anyone has one in GA can you post the info please?

We need to support each others towns especially Canton who seems to go totally down nightly. I go totally down once a week on average for a 13-24 plus hours each time.

GIXXERGUY6

join:2006-01-14
Swanton, OH
reply to LostInWoods

10.3m in stimulus, but they can buy another company out for mutli-billion?

What the hell?

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..

I had the same reaction. All this stimulus money. I heard almost 4 years ago that their would be no upgrades until stimulus money was available, that they were broke on several calls to Windstream. Broke? Give me a break. They just wanted corporate welfare, and mean time they cook the books so they are broke. Give Jeff almost 6 mil a year for what? destroying a company? But other companies so they can leverage them out. Just like Verizon won't put a tower up in my town but they have the money to buy out other carriers. Read about how this works and you will see. It truly is robbery.
--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |

Jeffrez

Jefferson, GA
reply to Jeffrez

Here is the Windstream Article that updates this particular region.
There were some interesting points in this meeting/article that I hope we can discuss here.

»www.waynecojournalbanner.com/new···878.html