obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to SwedishRider

Re: [iPhone] Next iPhone revision?

I've been a Mac user for many years now. Had the original 2G phone all the way to the 4. I have 2 macs at home (no Windows), iPods, iPad2 and an Apple TV. To say I am/was in the Apple world is an understatement. HOwever, last June I was getting a bit tired of iOS. My iPhone was a 16 gig and was running out of space. I decided to go with a Galaxy SIII. From the moment I got it, I was hooked. I don't "root" so it's just stock and now it is updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
The only thing I do miss is the easy streaming of music, for example, from my iPhone to my Apple TV. However, in the end, it doesn't matter for me anymore. I have my iPad which I still love and my Macs are all connected to my home network. I still think the Apple hardware is better but that is somewhat subjective. I was in an AT&T store a couple of weeks ago and saw the iPhone 5 and it just seems too small and not wide enough. Samsung definitely has a winner with the Galaxy S3

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

1 edit

Very invested in Apple stuff myself. I've had the iP3G, 4, 4S, an iPad 2, Apple TV, untold number of iPods and now a Mac mini. One of my sons has a 4S. Love them all. But, when my contract on my 4S is up I'm thinking about something else. My other son has the S3 and it's one nice phone. I agree, the integration I have with the 4S is nice but iOS is feeling tired to me and the latest version just has too many faults.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1

Huh... interesting. Seems many of you who are invested to some degree in Apple products either have left the iPhone for Android, or are seriously considering it once your upgrade cycle is up. That's kind of surprising actually.... but maybe it speaks to bigger issues with what's going on (or not going on) with Apple lately.

Hmmm....

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

I have had an iPhone and I currently have a GSIII. I think the GSIII is far superior to the iPhone. I use Amazon cloud services. I think it is much easier to use than iTunes. I'm sure some of my bias against the iPhone came about because of AT&Ts crappy phone network. I couldn't make (many) phone calls with the iPhone. I have yet to try an iPhone on Verizon or Sprint in my area. I have had friends tell me their coverage is decent.

I'm not opposed to getting an iPhone sometime in the future. It probably depends on what a new revision offers. Currently my preference is for Samsung's GSIII.

I don't know if it's Apple doing things wrong necessarily but Samsung is making some very good products.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.