how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
reply to cdxliv

Re: [INTERNET] Cogeco Service Upgrade Email

Does the 2mbps upload will affect neighborhood node congestion ?

If not, im switching to business plan docsis 2.0 with no caps

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON
reply to cdxliv

Upload speed is steady around 1.06Mbps but still I'm a month to early. lol
Would be nice to send out pictures and videos and not wait so much.

diskdocx

join:2005-09-26
Burlington, ON
reply to HamCogeco

said by HamCogeco :

I'm also on Ult 30 and feel shafted. I'm sure we will still get the same rate increase, even though we get no benefit whatsoever from these 'upgrades'. Cogeco will never change.

Yeah, it seems like Ult 30 is the only plan that gets no upgrade. I would have expected it to move to 40, like it is in Quebec, or at least a data transfer bump to 200gigs.

Kinda disappointing

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to cdxliv

That's odd, my one Cogeco email address got the upgrade email around 10am yesterday and my other one brought it down at 11:50pm but the time stamp was 10:30am.
Inbox said 1 unread message (the upgrade letter) and next time I loaded my email client it was gone and there was no traces of that upgrade letter. Could it be a little file system glitch and it lost the data, or maybe Thunderbird deleted it and thought it was spam?

Also will the internet upgrade affect the digital phone service?

robman50

Beamsville, ON

said by robman50:

That's odd, my one Cogeco email address got the upgrade email around 10am yesterday and my other one brought it down at 11:50pm but the time stamp was 10:30am.
Inbox said 1 unread message (the upgrade letter) and next time I loaded my email client it was gone and there was no traces of that upgrade letter. Could it be a little file system glitch and it lost the data, or maybe Thunderbird deleted it and thought it was spam?

WOW, that is really strange. I found the upgrade letter that came down last night but the date stamp said 07/01/2013. Wonder why I didn't get that email on January 7th when I did get it on the 8th. Glad to know my inbox database is not corrupted after all.

M in Cobourg

@cgocable.net

My wife and I have 5 email addresses and got e-mails to 4 of them, but not to the primary address. The time stamp on both is 07 Jan 2013, 10:02:03 -0500. They must have been in a massive queue, since they didn't leave Cogeco until 09 Jan, 05:42:30. Here's part of my headers:

===========

Received: from m1.contact.cogeco.ca ([128.121.15.214])
by fipmb07.cogeco.net with ESMTP; Wed, 09 Jan 2013 05:42:30 -0500
Received: from [10.0.2.116] ([10.0.2.116:55127] helo=www.knotice.com)
by node3 (envelope-from ) (ecelerity 3.0.28.38227 r(38227))
with ESMTP id 5F/FC-03257-3BCEAE05; Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:41:39 -0500
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:02:03 -0500
Subject: Good news! Cogeco is upgrading your Internet service

=============

Of course, the big news is the doubling of the upload speed on the lower speed plans. This should help maintain a better ratio on bit torrents, at least. The 12.5% increase in monthly bandwidth on Turbo 14 is welcome, but not exactly generous considering my ratio of uploads to total usage was about 42% in the last 3 months. I'll have to watch my P2P ratios to ensure I don't actually end up with less download bandwidth.

I can usually stay within my limit, although I went a couple of GB over in November and just squeaked by in December. I'd jump to Turbo 20 if they didn't want to charge me $50 for a new modem.

At least this time Cogeco has notified their customers in advance. There has been no word by e-mail, snail mail or via the STB on recent changes to cable TV offerings.

Graham8
Cogeco Ultimate 30 DPC3000 RVS4000
Premium
join:2002-10-13
Oakville, ON
reply to cdxliv

Another screwed Ultimate30 user. Been here since the beginning, but even START has a 2mbps upload and a 400gb cap. Hmmm decision to make soon me thinks.

kickinround

@cgocable.net
reply to cdxliv

I wonder how long it will be till there will be and increase in cost as well. That seems to be the way it has gone in the past.

Reno_William

join:2007-07-18
Peterborough, ON
reply to cdxliv

I take it,that your on ultimate 30....you know if ultimate 50 is available in Peterborough??

kittyburgers

join:2012-01-31
reply to Graham8

I'm with you on this one!

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
reply to robman50

From what I've seen on the prices and service differences, I don't think personally it'd make sense to go for the Turbo 20 over the Turbo 14 anyday. A bit more speed, 20GIG more a month and only a Loonie difference.

Maybe Cogeco is thinking the same thing and possibly is phasing out the Turbo 14 package. The only way I can see them not removing it at all is if certain areas are only currently capable of the Turbo 14 speeds on the current infastructure

StEC
Proud
Premium
join:2003-11-27
GTA
reply to cdxliv

Why did Ultimate 30 get shafted?

Figured speed would get bumped to 40 with a cap increase to 200.
--
My Twitter

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Probably because it's the easiest one to milk.

The two-tier discrimination against Ontario by a Quebec-based company now only exists with Ultimate 30, too. It's still Ultimate 40 in Quebec.

Barry

join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON
reply to Graham8

I've already made some inquiries and will be switching by the end of the month. Figure I'll beat them to the 'in order to improve your services...' increase. The fact is they improved everyone else's service except Ultimate 30, so no thank you.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to cdxliv

What ever happened to that web mail upgrade? Is that coming Feb 1st also?

mcelotto

join:2002-11-19
Windsor, ON

said by robman50:

What ever happened to that web mail upgrade? Is that coming Feb 1st also?

I second that question...

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
reply to robman50

Who knows, I use gmail anyhow, but it'd be nice if webmail finally got that upgrade.

Email clients are a better system than the webmail will ever be though.

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

O my gosh 10 GB more. I can download HALF more of a modern game. lol this is a joke. If you increase like all of them to 300 GB I would actually be planning to stay with you.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to cdxliv

my grandfathered "soho standard" is still 16/1, but it looks like they upped the cap from 160gb to 200gb. no email.

robman50

Beamsville, ON
reply to cdxliv

I laugh at the Cogeco High Speed internet radio ad's. They make it sound good and cheap, Only $29.99 and generous bandwidth? Umm... Okay so not true.

johnnyrocks

@cgocable.net
reply to cdxliv

I wish that Ultimate 30 was never left out, I've been with Cogeco for a long time now, hoping that the cap would be reasonable..

What is it there to have a crazy fast speed, but never be able to really use it because your limited from download use?

175GB is the bare minimum for many users nowadays, if it were to increase to 250, I'd be delighted, but I don't think that would happen.

Jay71

@cgocable.net
reply to cdxliv

It looks like I am also a shafted Ultimate 30 user. 175GB cap is too small and should be increased. I would at least expect that during their service upgrade. I am really disappointed now.

Shecat2000

join:2013-01-21
Burlington, ON
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

Why are they changing everything but the ult 30? they had better if they want to keep up with everyone else. looking around noticing that for around the same price other places have higher caps. they could at least do that.

Shecat2000

join:2013-01-21
Burlington, ON
reply to cdxliv

I am foreseeing a rush of unhappy ult 30 customers changing ISPs.
Would i be right to guess that ult 30 is one of the most popular? so if you upgrade everything but that you are going to be losing a huge amount of customers. still waiting to see what they do for me over the issue of over charging me for bandwidth. depending on the outcome and how they want to say sorry! i am looking into start. or maybe even bell. some one else said it right. what is the point of having a faster download speed when you can use very little of it.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to johnnyrocks

said by johnnyrocks :

I wish that Ultimate 30 was never left out, I've been with Cogeco for a long time now, hoping that the cap would be reasonable..

What is it there to have a crazy fast speed, but never be able to really use it because your limited from download use?

175GB is the bare minimum for many users nowadays, if it were to increase to 250, I'd be delighted, but I don't think that would happen.

For yourself and some others who said that a 250GB monthly usage cap would be good enough on the Cogeco Ultimate 30 (30/2) plan, LOOK NO FURTHER than START Communications !

Their newest 30/2 plan has exactly that.

250 GB per month, for less money, no contract, and any excess costs only 50 cents per GB.

They still use the reliable Cogeco network.

Just the BS & Greed is gone.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications
Or you can still use Canadian Broadband.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Shecat2000

said by Shecat2000:

....I am looking into Start. or maybe even Bell....

NOOOOOES, NOT BELL !!!!

That's the ONE thing out there which is a worse risk than Cogeco.

Please don't let anyone talk you into a 'deal' with BH#$ELL !!!

OTOH, START ?

See my above post.

I've been with them (right after being direct thru Cogeco) since last April, when they began working thru Cogeco wires, and START is just fine, in all regards !

robman50

Beamsville, ON

TekSavvy has a cap of 300GB for DSL 6Mbps pack for $34.99/month. BOO BELL! lol

Take that Fibe 4.

profets

join:2010-01-14
reply to cdxliv

I have U30 at home myself.. Nice that it was left out.

But at work I just received a letter about Business Ultimate 30 getting upgraded to 45mbps.

I know it's their business side, but interesting that business 30 is getting updated by residential isn't.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by profets:

But at work I just received a letter about Business Ultimate 30 getting upgraded to 45mbps.

For $130/month it damn well better.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to cog_biz_user

said by cog_biz_user:

my grandfathered "soho standard" is still 16/1, but it looks like they upped the cap from 160gb to 200gb. no email.

logged into my cogeco this morning, they bumped me up to 250gb. still getting 16/1 though.