how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

johnnyrocks

@cgocable.net
reply to cdxliv

Re: [INTERNET] Cogeco Service Upgrade Email

I wish that Ultimate 30 was never left out, I've been with Cogeco for a long time now, hoping that the cap would be reasonable..

What is it there to have a crazy fast speed, but never be able to really use it because your limited from download use?

175GB is the bare minimum for many users nowadays, if it were to increase to 250, I'd be delighted, but I don't think that would happen.

Jay71

@cgocable.net
reply to cdxliv

It looks like I am also a shafted Ultimate 30 user. 175GB cap is too small and should be increased. I would at least expect that during their service upgrade. I am really disappointed now.

Shecat2000

join:2013-01-21
Burlington, ON
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

Why are they changing everything but the ult 30? they had better if they want to keep up with everyone else. looking around noticing that for around the same price other places have higher caps. they could at least do that.

Shecat2000

join:2013-01-21
Burlington, ON
reply to cdxliv

I am foreseeing a rush of unhappy ult 30 customers changing ISPs.
Would i be right to guess that ult 30 is one of the most popular? so if you upgrade everything but that you are going to be losing a huge amount of customers. still waiting to see what they do for me over the issue of over charging me for bandwidth. depending on the outcome and how they want to say sorry! i am looking into start. or maybe even bell. some one else said it right. what is the point of having a faster download speed when you can use very little of it.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to johnnyrocks

said by johnnyrocks :

I wish that Ultimate 30 was never left out, I've been with Cogeco for a long time now, hoping that the cap would be reasonable..

What is it there to have a crazy fast speed, but never be able to really use it because your limited from download use?

175GB is the bare minimum for many users nowadays, if it were to increase to 250, I'd be delighted, but I don't think that would happen.

For yourself and some others who said that a 250GB monthly usage cap would be good enough on the Cogeco Ultimate 30 (30/2) plan, LOOK NO FURTHER than START Communications !

Their newest 30/2 plan has exactly that.

250 GB per month, for less money, no contract, and any excess costs only 50 cents per GB.

They still use the reliable Cogeco network.

Just the BS & Greed is gone.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications
Or you can still use Canadian Broadband.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Shecat2000

said by Shecat2000:

....I am looking into Start. or maybe even Bell....

NOOOOOES, NOT BELL !!!!

That's the ONE thing out there which is a worse risk than Cogeco.

Please don't let anyone talk you into a 'deal' with BH#$ELL !!!

OTOH, START ?

See my above post.

I've been with them (right after being direct thru Cogeco) since last April, when they began working thru Cogeco wires, and START is just fine, in all regards !

robman50

join:2010-12-14

TekSavvy has a cap of 300GB for DSL 6Mbps pack for $34.99/month. BOO BELL! lol

Take that Fibe 4.

profets

join:2010-01-14
reply to cdxliv

I have U30 at home myself.. Nice that it was left out.

But at work I just received a letter about Business Ultimate 30 getting upgraded to 45mbps.

I know it's their business side, but interesting that business 30 is getting updated by residential isn't.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by profets:

But at work I just received a letter about Business Ultimate 30 getting upgraded to 45mbps.

For $130/month it damn well better.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to cog_biz_user

said by cog_biz_user:

my grandfathered "soho standard" is still 16/1, but it looks like they upped the cap from 160gb to 200gb. no email.

logged into my cogeco this morning, they bumped me up to 250gb. still getting 16/1 though.

reboot

@cogeco.net

Reboot your cable modem.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to cog_biz_user

said by cog_biz_user:

still getting 16/1 though.

Speeds will be upgraded throughout the month. The usage was increased as all usage resets on the first of the month.

If you want to PM me your modem MAC on a case-by-case basis, I can give you an approximate date of your speed increase!

robman50

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

said by cog_biz_user:

still getting 16/1 though.

Speeds will be upgraded throughout the month. The usage was increased as all usage resets on the first of the month.

If you want to PM me your modem MAC on a case-by-case basis, I can give you an approximate date of your speed increase!

Still no change. Will a modem reboot actually do anything? How do I reboot the modem? Unplug and plug it back in?

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

Please PLEASE PLEASE post the upload speeds on the Cogeco website this time around.

Hey DNH... I just noticed that upload speeds are now on the individual plan pages, and also on the comparison page.

Maybe your post, and my scathing 'survey' comments, and my earlier phone call, and no doubt other numerous requests for upload speeds on the website, finally had some effect. Despite what 'marketing' wanted to show!

'Bout time!

robman50

reply to robman50

Next Cogeco has to update their advertising, for example the radio ad. "Speeds starting at 4mbps with out Express 4 package' should be '6mbps with the Express 6 pack'

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON
reply to robman50

said by robman50:

Still no change. Will a modem reboot actually do anything? How do I reboot the modem? Unplug and plug it back in?

It might, but I have to wait till the 15th to get mine.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
reply to jasmo34

said by jasmo34:

Hey DNH... I just noticed that upload speeds are now on the individual plan pages, and also on the comparison page.

Maybe your post, and my scathing 'survey' comments, and my earlier phone call, and no doubt other numerous requests for upload speeds on the website, finally had some effect. Despite what 'marketing' wanted to show!

'Bout time!

Yeah, we're much like a bunch of yapping dogs, nipping at their heels !

(I too had had told their phone reps about 3 or 4 times about that.)

Now if we can just get TSI to stop referring on their site to Monthly USAGE as BANDWIDTH. (Hey, Bell just stopped doing that, on their latest website makeover/facelift.)

[BTW, I did read your PM - thanks - but got distracted....]

robman50

reply to robman50

UPDATE: I just got the new upload speeds today. I never had to restart the modem.

M in Cobourg

@cgocable.net

Me too!

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON
reply to cdxliv

Not me. I thought business customers were supposed to get priority?

Trist

join:2004-04-08
Hamilton, ON

I thought those of us paying $81.xx a month for Ultimate 30 were supposed to get equality?

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
reply to cog_biz_user

said by cog_biz_user:

Not me. I thought business customers were supposed to get priority?

You already know your date! :P

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON

1 edit

Oh god, change me back!

They just did it, and now my connection is totally unstable. Already called for a tech, I gotta wait till Tuesday to see what's going on.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

(topic move) [INTERNET] Cogeco Service Upgrade Email

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[INTERNET] Slow Speeds Since Upgrade

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON
reply to cog_biz_user

Re: [INTERNET] Cogeco Service Upgrade Email

I was supposed to get a callback yesterday, but nobody ever did call. I had to phone in to verify that I was still getting a service call.

robman50

Here is mine.

It was a titch slow when we had that snow storm. It dropped down to ~13Mbps.

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON

1 edit

tech just left. replaced my supposedly faulty rca modem with one of the new cisco docsis 3 modems.

my speed never did go down during the weekend, i was getting upwards of 30% packet loss.
--
Myth: It's only fair to pay for quality first-run movies.
Fact: Most movies shown on cable get two stars or less
and are repeated ad nauseum.

robman50

Yeah bad modems can do that. Did you have to pay for a DOCSIS 3 modem?

cog_biz_user

Hamilton, ON

No, but I think I've paid that modem fee enough times that they can give me a free modem or two.

robman50

I was told if I need Turbo 20 then they would slap me down with an $50 fee. (which is stupid because everyone pays a rental fee)
So yeah that is why I asked. I think Turbo 20 and up is DOCSIS 3.