BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to sbiller1

Re: TWC's new Roku app replaces Cable Box

It's also going to be quite a bit of trouble getting folks to connect them right meaning wired and on decent routers (yes that means you will need to buy something that isn't on the discount $29 rack) so that the experience mimicks that of the box. Right now folks tolerate the usual wireless streaming glitches for Netflix...won't be the same on the cable side...fun stuff....

sbiller1

join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

It's also going to be quite a bit of trouble getting folks to connect them right meaning wired and on decent routers (yes that means you will need to buy something that isn't on the discount $29 rack) so that the experience mimicks that of the box. Right now folks tolerate the usual wireless streaming glitches for Netflix...won't be the same on the cable side...fun stuff....

I suspect that H.264 should be a bit more fault tolerant over wireless networks than attempting to stream MPEG-2 over wireless networks. I view the Roku live TV streaming as identical to streaming to an iPad over a wireless network. What am I missing? Is TWC (BHN) going to stream MPEG-2 to the Roku box?