dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to peterboro

Re: GM recalling pickups and SUVs

said by peterboro:

Newer cars may have advanced designs that negate corrosion so you may never have to.

well, i'll try to remember to start using it anyway...it will at least help out with the transmission, even though i have a long warranty on everything.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by dirtyjeffer:

well, i'll try to remember to start using it anyway...it will at least help out with the transmission, even though i have a long warranty on everything.

I would not operate on the assumption that a warranty would cover something like this if they determine you never used your parking brake.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by peterboro:

Newer cars may have advanced designs that negate corrosion so you may never have to.

Once a month should do, especially in the winter. That said with new complete enclosures of the cable from the interior engagement device to the caliper it may not be necessary.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

when i get my tires switched out in the spring, i'll see if i can get a peak at how my car's system works.