uniqs
share rss forum feed

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to Ikarasu

Re: Any updates for out west?

I hope this isn't too much of a hijack, but I'd really like to know when we'll see some ipv6 action out west.
--
db

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Hijack all you want

One of the reasons I didn't stick with TS was because I felt like out west, it was a case of the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. They provided TONS of info for easterners - But for West... it was always "We're unaware". Someone in the Telus forum asked in Direct chat, and was told they didnt even know Telus or Shaw got higher speeds yet, so they werent able to say when they'd match

With the new CRTC rules (I'm presuming it works out west, as east, plus I heard shaw is eager in helping / speedmatching with wholesalers), I don't see what the hold up is.

I'm someone whos always on the latest / greatest internet. When they had speedmatching, I was with TS for a year - Then Telus got 25M internet... 2 months past, nothing from TS, so I switched. Not sure when TS for it after that... but since then, Telus upped to 50M, And shaw upped to 100M over a year ago, and no matching.

Price / bandwidth wise, TS blows the competition out of the water. Speedwise... it's a bit lacking though. I'm anxious to switch back, I just wish this one flaw was fixed.

clarknova

Grande Prairie, AB

I would be annoyed too, if Telus offered anything more than 6/1 in my community. But they don't, so all I can do is crab about ipv6 now and then.
--
db

spock

join:2012-07-08

Tsi ipv6 works great

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to clarknova

Hi Clarknova,

IPv6 is enabled for Telus DSL users. It's automatically assigning IPv6 IP's as long as you have a compatible device.

Martin

clarknova

Grande Prairie, AB

That's great news. Thanks for the update.
--
db

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1
reply to spock

Is it working for you behind a router? Last I tried it (when they first flipped the switch out West) it was only working for a single device. Or rather, IIRC, it would only route for each device that asked their server directly for an IP. Which ruled out getting a /64 and having machines configure themselves with a simple radvd setup. The router would need to proxy all that configuration traffic :P

So I went back to my tunnel and haven't heard a whisper that anything had changed. I'd like to skip the tunnel if they've now got that working.