Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to elefante72

Re: Confirmed - Verizon is stealing my paid-for "free"

Anybody have a link to what they KNOW is the current TOS?

From the link I last received, this is what they said about equipment returns:

Return of Equipment upon Termination. If your HSI Service is terminated for any reason prior to the end of the first year of service and you received Equipment from Verizon, you must return the Equipment to Verizon or you will be charged for the Equipment.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

1 recommendation

»www22.verizon.com/about/terms/

It appears the terms have been consolidated. HSI refers to DSL accounts. FiOS refers to fiber connections. Notice the 1-year service term for HSI, no such restriction for FiOS, although it is "as instructed by Verizon". You may or may not be asked for the equipment back. Rev.I, yes, Rev.C, no, or so I'd imagine.

9.3 Return of Equipment upon Termination. If your HSI Service is terminated for any reason prior to the end of the first year of service and you received Equipment from Verizon, you must return the Equipment to Verizon or you will be charged for the Equipment. If your FiOS Internet service is terminated for any reason and you received Equipment, you must return the Equipment to Verizon within 30 days, as instructed by Verizon, or you will be charged for the Equipment. Failure to return any Equipment you received from Verizon, or returning Equipment in a damaged condition (subject only to reasonable wear and tear), will result in the imposition of an Equipment fee that may be substantial.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

I've had the A/T since Feb., 2007. I'm fairly sure, back then, there was a clause that said if you kept FiOS services (I have all three) for more than 2 years ( although it may have been 1) that (specifically) the router did not have to be returned.

Of course, there is also a clause in the TOS that says V* can unilaterally change the TOS without user recourse, other than to stop using it.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons