share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to TheThing

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

So I have a weak amount of 11g at the moment. How much gold do you guys usually carry?

Gems gain interest over time?

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
said by I AM:

So I have a weak amount of 11g at the moment. How much gold do you guys usually carry?

Gems gain interest over time?

They don't literally gain interest. But with inflation, Gems gain value vs. gold over time... so it's kind of like interest.

It's like a checking and savings accout. Keep in your checking(gold) what you need for monthly expensive. Put in savings(gems) whatever you don't need access to for a while. Like a CD.

If you are leveling a warrior, and want to gear him up asap, I wouldnt put any of that gold into gems. Your going to need it at a minimum to buy Runes, Jewels, and Sigils. Hopefully you'll have the karma to buy fulle exotic karma set.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Yeah so. I just now figured out to do that daily stuff haha. I find finding different enemy types can be hard. So I do that part between characters in different zones. Do you guys have a set path etc?

I'm waiting anxiously for April. I want to explore some dungeons!

TheThing

said by I AM:

Yeah so. I just now figured out to do that daily stuff haha. I find finding different enemy types can be hard. So I do that part between characters in different zones. Do you guys have a set path etc?

I have 2 low level "go to" zones for this. Rapid cycling events, tons of kill variety and gathering. Next time you are on ill show you. Teleport there get-er-done in 20 minutes.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by TheThing:

said by I AM:

I have 2 low level "go to" zones for this. Rapid cycling events, tons of kill variety and gathering. Next time you are on ill show you. Teleport there get-er-done in 20 minutes.

Killing the local non-threatening wildlife helps with this as well, like the bunnies, rats and moas. Also if you are near a body of water jump in and kill everything that moves.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
THE BUNNIES!!!!!!

bionicRod
Premium
united state
Aaaaaah hate that rabbut.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

said by TheThing:

said by I AM:

Killing the local non-threatening wildlife helps with this as well, like the bunnies, rats and moas. Also if you are near a body of water jump in and kill everything that moves.

I tried this before when completing the daily achievements and never got credit for killing any critters.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
Critters work for me. Ghastly, next time when you start a fresh daily, look at the count # (should be 0), kill a critter, then look at the number again.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by puppy:

Critters work for me. Ghastly, next time when you start a fresh daily, look at the count # (should be 0), kill a critter, then look at the number again.

Yeah they work for me too. I've fulfilled a daily on a bunny before.

TheThing

I think its buggy. Some times I get credit for killing racoons and sometimes I don't... even on the first kill... I don't get it...

Leave it to BioR testing it on bunnies... and then he posts screenshots in the other forum lol

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Ghastlyone
It is because you have a noble soul Ghastly.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I finally now just started to understand crafting lol. Doing it to level my alt warrior.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
said by I AM:

I finally now just started to understand crafting lol. Doing it to level my alt warrior.

Ya it is great for leveling alts.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

TheThing

that's why Gold is so powerful in this game, probably too powerful

Gold = gems, leveling alts, and gear