spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DubuqueVIP
@mchsi.com

DubuqueVIP

Anon

[IA] two year agreement

My total bill jumped up $60 this month (TV, Internet, Phone) and I called MC to find out my promotional rate had ended. Their loyalty dept offered me a nice rate similar to what I had been paying but only if I agree to a two year agreement. I do not want to do a two agreement and they offered me 10% off my TV service which amount to about $6 per month for six months.

My question - what would happen if I took their two year agreement and then after 6 months dropped everything?

The CSR also suggested I drop TV for three months and call back and they would be able to get me a "great deal" after that three months. Wow....I've never had a company tell me to drop their product....

Tehrasha
join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA

Tehrasha

said by DubuqueVIP :

My question - what would happen if I took their two year agreement and then after 6 months dropped everything?

'Early Termination Fee'

"If eligible customers disconnect and fail to keep the service(s) for the length of this agreement they will be subject to an early termination fee (ETF) of up to $240.00. The ETF will be reduced by $30 every three months for the life of the 12- or 24-month contract. For example, if disconnection of services occurs from 31 to 90 days after installation the ETF will be $240, and if disconnection occurs between days 91 and 180, the ETF will be $210, until the ETF goes away when the two-year agreement ends."

»www.mediacomcc.com/site/ ··· ext.html

jay67
@sbcglobal.net

jay67

Anon

when calling to initiate cable modem service, scheduled in two weeks, I was offered 90 day cancellation with full refund. I intend to write these terms on the contract and have the installer initial it, as well as the monthly terms for first and second year. that way there is no "he said, she said" based on phone conversation if I decide to cancel.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

said by jay67 :

I intend to write these terms on the contract and have the installer initial it, as well as the monthly terms for first and second year.

Your installer won't touch that with a ten-foot pole... Far beyond their authority to enter into contract terms.

jay67
@sbcglobal.net

jay67

Anon

The installer would not be doing anything extraordinary. If he/she balks, then we could both call customer service to doument the terms offered to me based on the order #. The terms quoted during the initial order call is a verbal contract pending a written agreement upon installation which should specify the existing terms in total. No company should should/would honor an undocumented verbal contract when a written one is available and always preferred for legal purposes. I will simply cancel the install if the verbal terms are not incorporated into the "offical" contract. Contracts are designed to protect all parties, not just a company.
Spurge
Premium Member
join:2002-01-04
Columbia, MO

Spurge to DubuqueVIP

Premium Member

to DubuqueVIP
Right on our website is a 90 day guarantee.

»mediacomcable.com/site/s ··· dge.html
kelley3249
join:2012-07-03
Dubuque, IA

kelley3249

Is it standard practice for CSR's to suggest to customers that they should drop service for three months? Wouldn't it make sense to just give the long term customer the promotion then go through the hassle and cost of disconnect/reconnect? Good grief....

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to DubuqueVIP

Premium Member

to DubuqueVIP
I will be happy to look into this billing issue for you. Can you send me a message with your account or phone number?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to jay67

Premium Member

to jay67
If you get a contractor do you really think he's going to stand there and wait for you to finish with CS? There is nothing they can do about your billing nor they really care. they get paid for each job and not hourly. As far as I know the phone conversations are recorded but there is nothing about the 90 day guarantee or any other promotion specifics on the work order because they keep changing them.

jay67
@sbcglobal.net

jay67 to Tehrasha

Anon

to Tehrasha
Thanks for the link I appreciate it. There were other promises such as pricing year 1 and 2 that are difficult to verify after the fact as the online pricing changes quite often. I know the installer is there for a reason not to do wth billing but with dtv etc the installer is the one who had me sign a contract and receive a copy. I emailed MC to verify these items back to me and that should take care of that. If they do not, I will have to reconsider. I usually avoid two year contracts like a plague but this equates to 3x DL speed & 2X UL speed for less per month for 2 years then at&t dsl, capped at 5 down and 1/2meg down. Like all providers at&t started real cheap and went up after a year to about 44.00 a month. That is to be expected with all the providers. They actually reward you to switch rather then be loyal. I guess they expect most people will not take the trouble to do so.