Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

Playstation PLUS question

Ok, I've been on the fence about this for some time, but I figured I'd ask a simple question about it. I didn't think I'd sub but I'm kinda tempted.

With the free games, since they change every month or so, ones you download this month, will they continue to work/be free next month when the next batch is released? Or do they become inactive?

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
They should still be free. However once you end your PS+ subscription you won't get to play them.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
said by 88615298:

They should still be free. However once you end your PS+ subscription you won't get to play them.

Well, that would be a year away, so I'm not so much concerned about that part. I just wouldn't want to get into a game, and be told "Sorry, the month is up, now buy the game!" That's all.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
You could go to the forums at the Playstation website an ask or do a search and see if someone has asked that questions before.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
I have been a plus member since it began, a few games that are no longer free I still play.

If you want to play them later on add them to cart and check out when they are free.

Phoneman63

join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY
reply to captokita
It's a great deal for less than $5 a month.
--
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Premium,Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI
kudos:3

2 recommendations

When my subscription ended I was able to still play some of the games I had downloaded there. I renewed within a week but I did test it, some worked and some didnt.

And yes as stated as long as your a member you get access to all your downloaded games.

Its a great deal IMO.
--
You the only one on? | Does anyone know if this socom headset is stereo? | Gimme that $20! | I'm glad we are having suck a great turnout. | carlson why you go swim in lake michigan|news to me and we have no newsletter. Famous "D1" quotes

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

1 recommendation

he didn't mean when you subscription ran out, he just meant when the free games switch every month, can you still play the games that are no longer free (While having a plus account).

And yes, as long as they are in your account (add to cart and checkout), you can play them as long as you have a plus account.

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Premium,Mod
Ishpeming, MI
said by Dejavu:

And yes as stated as long as your a member you get access to all your downloaded games.

I know what he meant and I answered his question as well as addressing another point that was brought up.
--
You the only one on? | Does anyone know if this socom headset is stereo? | Gimme that $20! | I'm glad we are having suck a great turnout. | carlson why you go swim in lake michigan|news to me and we have no newsletter. Famous "D1" quotes

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to captokita
Thanks for the info gang. I dropped the $50 for the year sub. I figured even if I get one game I really like, it's paid for itself. So far, I've downloaded a few that have been fun, so it's already pretty much paid for itself.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state
Just download them all and play them all

Draper
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO
reply to captokita
Just to add to the thread, any games you purchase at the Playstation+ discounted rate will still be playable once your subscription ends.

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Premium,Mod
Ishpeming, MI
They have also added Vita games now if that matters to anyone.

vita

@wightman.ca
I was so ticked to see two games for free for the vita that I originally paid 40 bucks for each. Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted Golden Abyss.