spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Do WiFi Routers Have Impact?

I'm curious if these rankings consider the quality of the link's last ~200 feet. WiFi has to be used by a majority of folks. Does that skew the results?
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

Not sure how you come to the "majority", but regardless WiFi even at 54mb will supply plenty of bandwidth even with retransmissions.
rradina
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Plenty of bandwidth except when more popcorn is requested.

Think about it for a moment. It will come to you. If you don't think WiFi could affect the results...well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina
said by rradina:

I'm curious if these rankings consider the quality of the link's last ~200 feet. WiFi has to be used by a majority of folks. Does that skew the results?

I don't see how. We are only talking Netflix streaming bitrates. which are very low. Even 802.11g can handle that with no issues.

But personally on my wireless, I have no issues getting 150Mb/s speeds over wireless. Almost as fast as the 155Mb/s I can get over my wired connection to the internet. Netflix streaming bitrates aren't even 5% of that speed.
rradina
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Not all WiFi networks are equal. As I said in another post, if more popcorn is needed while watching the movie, WiFi rates could drop through the floor -- perhaps all the way to 1Mbps with a lot of packet loss.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by rradina:

Not all WiFi networks are equal. As I said in another post, if more popcorn is needed while watching the movie, WiFi rates could drop through the floor -- perhaps all the way to 1Mbps with a lot of packet loss.

Not on my WiFi network. Of course my 5Ghz devices have no issues, but I've never had a problem with my 2.4Ghz devices either. Although my Microwave nowhere near my 2.4Ghz APs and at least 15 feet from the nearest 2.4Ghz device.
rradina
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

But it does happen. I experience it. Want to beat a dead horse some more?