All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« No benefitmobile rankings »
This is a sub-selection from Capt Obvious...

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
reply to cableties

Re: Capt Obvious...

Google Fiber , a "major ISP". Hysterical. I wonder if they even have 1000 customers yet.

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

I agree. More marketing than anything else. But you can def see how cable and fiber outpace DSL... As of TODAY fiber is the way to go if you are interested in upload. On download I can get 50 Mbps on TWC and yes greater than that on FIOS, but I don't care...My 25/25 plan is just great for me, and I suspect a vast majority of the folks. Choice is great tho.... Thanks to competition cable has come a long way.... and that is the point of putting GOOG up there. It's a reminder to the incumbents that it can be done better and cheaper...

But on the other side of the coin when say any company was lighting up LTE, they would say, oh wait I can get 20 Mbps until there are actually people on it, and say now I'm lucky to hit 10 on a good day on my Verizon phone and more like 6-7 now or less... And we are talking less than 20% penetration on LTE.... Don't get me wrong I think LTE is superior, but my iphone 4s does just fine too on 3G....Verizon just does superior network management...

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to ITALIAN926

I know a multitude of cooperatives with more subscribers than Google Fiber, and offering ftth. They don't make the list. They don't fit in to the agenda.

Rambo76098

join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH
reply to ITALIAN926

I agree. Guarantee WOW has more customers than Google, yet WOW still isn't on the list.