spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

btB

@rr.com

[TWC] Will the new TWC app for Roku be a adequate Box substitute

Since a Roku is connected to a tv, then it should be right? On the other hand, Time Warner makes money renting boxes. Hence, it obviously cannot replace it entirely. So, what exactly will be the dividing line? In other words, what will a Roku + TWC app be good for, and what will it be no-so-good for?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

Re: [TWC] Will the new TWC app for Roku be a adequate Box substi

It'll be the same channels you can get on you iOS, Android, or PC here: »www.twctv.com

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

I have never gotten the PC version to work, so I have no idea what is there. Are there actually "up to 300 live streaming channels" available now?

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to btB

At least in my region, none of the locals are on the app. And not even all of the basic cable channels are on it. So until they expand their offerings on it, it won't be a complete replacement. But it does offer some channels that you can only get with a box, so in that regard it has the potential to be an adequate substitute if you are OK with switching inputs to still get the analog/ClearQAM channels over coax.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to btB

This will be great. I can't wait to try it out. My original Roku has more or less died the past few weeks though so I will need a replacement at some point.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1
reply to btB

This app only works on the Roku 2 and Streaming stick devices. Those with a Roku 1 based device will not be able to use this new app.