Where I work, we still use IE 8. What should companies urge to do in the meantime while MS decides to roll up the patch for this?
We cannot upgrade to IE 9 or 10.
And also, we not allowed to use Firefox and other browsers either.
The workarounds explained on the MS site, is to extend the Internet/Intranet Security zones to HIGH, and thats no good for the users because IE is then worthless to use....unless adding those sites in the Trusted Zones.
And also, even though if MS decides to roll out the patch on Tuesday, our IT department has to still then delay the patch deployment for about a week in order to test it with our applications.
So what should companies like this do in this case if this is a huge exploit???