how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dtitzer

join:2006-11-08
Glen Burnie, MD

Returning unneeded tuner boxes

I have too many boxes, and after re-evaluating my needs, am willing to drop to only one tuner/dvr box. What's the lead time on getting somebody to swing past my house and pick up the extras?

Also, I'm considering dropping my home phone service too. I don't get enough out of the service, and my security system no longer has a hard line phone connection. Can I keep just internet/TV?

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

They don't send anyone to pick them up. They send you boxes with pre-paid mailing labels on them, and you have to ship them back yourself. Or you can take them to your local Verizon FiOS store.

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

I just did this.....easy as cake. They sent a box/label and I just put it in the box and dropped off at UPS store.

dtitzer

Glen Burnie, MD
reply to dtitzer

Thanks. They're always up and down the street, so I wasn't sure if they retrieved them or not.

Sorry about asking two questions. I'll pose the second one as a separate posting.

incognito_2u

join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY
reply to dtitzer

Make sure that you get a receipt and Tracking number from UPS. This prevents any "issues" with Verizon saying they didn't receive your returns!!!
--
"I'm an Analog guy in a Digital World!"

dtitzer

Glen Burnie, MD

Had that happen with Comcast, and they were downright crappy about it. Was only missing a power cable, too!

dtitzer

Glen Burnie, MD
reply to UnnDunn

Have Verizon Wireless stores, but not for FiOS.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Gambrills
2616 Chapel Lake Drive
Waugh Chapel Plaza
Gambrills, MD 21054

»www22.verizon.com/support/reside···8775.htm

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to dtitzer

If you have a reasonable option to drop off at a FiOS store, choose that. Equipment return will be applied sooner than receiving at depot via UPS.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

UPS Store - 1 mile
FiOS store - 25 miles

I dropped off my return DVR at the UPS store; UPS tracking showed it arrived at Verizon the next day

Yes, FiOS store is indeed "sooner" but hardly worth a 50-mile round trip.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to dtitzer

said by dtitzer:

Also, I'm considering dropping my home phone service too. I don't get enough out of the service, and my security system no longer has a hard line phone connection. Can I keep just internet/TV?

Yes you can drop phone service, but it may not save you any money. Because of the bundling discounts, my monthly cost would actually increase by a few dollars if I dropped phone service.

dtitzer

Glen Burnie, MD
reply to billhere

UPS stores are closing up in my area. UPS itself, or the Verizon store, are about the same distance away.

dtitzer

Glen Burnie, MD
reply to ITALIAN926

Thanks. This is where I will go.