Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: Alex Jones Detained By TSA

Ok, this is about Alex Jones, and is an article on Infowars, a conspiracy-theorist site. Alex Jones writings, including this article need to be taken with a whole shaker full of salt. I'm no fan of the TSA's policies......but.....yeah.
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

1 recommendation

Sentinel

Premium Member

But if the TSA is keeping lists of people just because they are of an opposing political party ... that ain't good. Last I head being a "R" or a "D" was not enough to put you on a watch list.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to Ian1

Premium Member

to Ian1
I knew someone would trash the source. Fair enough.

Former lawmaker's group sues TSA for alleged Freedom of Information Act violation

The part I quoted (and my reason for posting) was perfectly accurate.
quote:
Barr's Liberty Guard group alleges that the TSA refused to comply with FOIA requests from the organization in November 2010, when the group was encouraging airline passengers to opt out of body scanners used by TSA .

Or is The Hill "a conspiracy-theorist site" as well?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

2 recommendations

AVD to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel
said by Sentinel:

But if the TSA is keeping lists of people just because they are of an opposing political party ... that ain't good. Last I head being a "R" or a "D" was not enough to put you on a watch list.

Its not about political affiliation, its about people who are publicly critical of the agency.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

said by AVD:

...its about people who are publicly critical of the agency.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm on their watch list. I'm sure they have "friends" in other agencies (e.g. Bob) that can provide details on critics.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

I knew someone would trash the source. Fair enough.

Naturally. Not only did you link to Alex Jones's site, the story is about Alex Jones, a quackpot bigger than Limbaugh, Beck, and Bill-O combined.

Now, as to the failure to comply with a FOIA request, The Hill says:
quote:
The lawsuit alleges TSA acknowledged receipt of the records request, but refused to release documents to Liberty Guard because it believed the information was "exempt from disclosure."
Makes it sound like the TSA didn't think those particular records had to be included. Sounds like a perfect question for lawyers to hash out in court, which is of course the whole point. I'm no lawyer, and I haven't even read the FOIA. I donno who's right or wrong here. Isn't it possible the TSA was right, and the docs were exempt? Guess we'll find out in a few months/years/decades.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Ian1

to Ian1

I first read of this on DI yesterday and i cant believe Alex DID ANYTHING THEY WANTED!!!!! (Alex is supposed to be setting an example of how NOT TO BE A PAWN for them)