share rss forum feed

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to Rob_

Re: [FL] Cable internet only? $$$

said by Rob_:

I love their ads they have about direct tv charging extra fees, so does Cox..

I might switch over, but rain fade IS an issue here, and it gets annoying when we try to watch something, poof.

-Rob

Here's a good example, we've had a monsoon of rain in the past 48+ hours of almost non stop rain. No issues with my TV or DVRd programming during this. It does happen occasionally though when it is pouring down so hard you can't see the neighbor's house but that only lasts a minute or two at most. If you have rain that hard for an extended period, you have more problems and won't have to worry about the TV.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to Rob_
said by Rob_:

I love their ads they have about direct tv charging extra fees, so does Cox..

I might switch over, but rain fade IS an issue here, and it gets annoying when we try to watch something, poof.

-Rob

The whole cable/sat industry is in the sh*tter. Not entirely their fault - the content providers are equally at fault by pushing the per subscriber rates to absurd levels.

Across the board, all providers are slowly declining in viewership.

An interesting trend is that the younger subscribers face a stiff price barrier to entry (low income,) and are finding better value by getting their content from the internet (to include social media like youtube.) I suspect that this is why their subscriber counts are dropping, and will probably continue to do so until the content providers radically change their business model.