how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

MSG+2 HD

Now that Hockey is finally around the corner will be get MSG+2 in HD?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

I thought we were supposed to get it by the end of 2012. I wonder why that one got left out but we got the other three?

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state

It be nice get new HD's in 2013, MSG 2 + HD would be good addition for games that aren't on MSG + HD, I would assume be this month but who knows.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to skohly

Certainly would be nice for the hockey games that end up here.

skohly

reply to FiosTV1080I

said by FiosTV1080I:

It be nice get new HD's in 2013, MSG 2 + HD would be good addition for games that aren't on MSG + HD, I would assume be this month but who knows.

With the compressed schedule there will be overlap games pretty much everyday. It will be needed

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state

I agree!!!!!!

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

What I never understood was why we did not get this channel when they initially launched bc I thought ALL MSG channels were part of the deal that was settled in Court?

So, why aren't we getting this, and when or IF we can expect it?

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to skohly

Verizon likely doesn't want to allocate the space for a channel that isn't showing something different most of the time.

skohly

said by Greg2600:

Verizon likely doesn't want to allocate the space for a channel that isn't showing something different most of the time.

Why not? They did it was MSG2 which most of the time mirrors MSG. The NHL is about to go at it which means there will be many a nights with the Knicks and all 3 NY area hockey teams playing the same time. We were told they would have it by now. Clearly there was no need yet with no hockey but that's about to change

nascar

Verona, NJ

Maybe we need to vote to get it...

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your···p/523599

skohly

said by nascar:

Maybe we need to vote to get it...

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your···p/523599

Good old Chyrstal of VZ acknowledged your efforts. I wonder if she has any juice with the powers

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
reply to nascar

Verizon responded:
Crystal_VZ on 01-10-2013 02:56 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Yes! NHL is back! I see why you want this channel added. I will submit your request to the FiOS programming team.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to nascar

Let's just hope that VZ reps actually monitor that site, and take our Votes and opinions to heart. No matter if it is to get this channel up in our area, or adding National channels in HD , like H2 HD, TV Guide HD, etc.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

Verizon responded:
Crystal_VZ on 01-10-2013 02:56 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

I know her; She works for CardHolder Services with Rachel (LOL)
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

So seriously, does anyone really think that we will get this channel soon? or even at all?

And if VZ acquired the channel at the time of debuting the MSG channels, why not put this channel into the lineup as well.

BTW, we do not need cardholder people acknowledging that we want a channel. We need real people that deal directly with the people that put the channels into the guide.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by Webcobbler :

So seriously, does anyone really think that we will get this channel soon? or even at all?

I've learned one thing, having been browsing these forums for the last few years, and that is do not believe anything unless NYCDAVE has answered the question. That guy is right 100% of the time when it comes to FIOS questions as he works for them.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by bohratom:

said by Webcobbler :

I've learned one thing, having been browsing these forums for the last few years, and that is do not believe anything unless NYCDAVE has answered the question. That guy is right 100% of the time when it comes to FIOS questions as he works for them.

Actually he did answer this question when we first got the other three channels. He said we would get the fourth, but I don't remember when he said. I thought it was by the end of 2012, but I'm not certain.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to bohratom

I never knew or at least remember that he works for FiOS. Thats pretty damn cool. I truly wish I worked for FiOS.

Anyway, that is good that he did say that we would get the MSG+2 HD channel, but when is still a mystery.

Since NYCDAVE did say this, given you say whom he works for...Can we be certain that we Will get this channel? Or are we all hoping to much? Like wishing for H2 HD, DiY HD, or whatever channel personally we all want.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1

said by Webcobbler :

I truly wish I worked for FiOS.

LOL.. Be careful what you wish for.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to skohly

I'm just pleased to have MSG at all, because if the FCC truly loosens the loophole again, as they've indicated, the Dolans will shut us out again.

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY

It would appear that MSG+2 is going to be used much more than MSG2 if you look at the hockey schedules that have been released.
»www.msg.com/teams/devils/devils-···ule.html
»www.msg.com/teams/islanders/isla···le-.html
»www.msg.com/teams/rangers/ranger···ule.html

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

That makes sense to me. MSG and MSG2 have the same programming, so MSG+ and MSG+2 does/should have the same programming. Until there is an overflow of local teams playing at the same time, of course.

Hell, we have MSG2 in HD with the same programming that MSG HD, so IMO, why is is so hard to add that last MSG+2 HD channel.

Ergo, the big question still remains....

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

4 edits
reply to mets18

said by mets18:

It would appear that MSG+2 is going to be used much more than MSG2 if you look at the hockey schedules that have been released.

Think you are mixing apples with oranges as MSG2 90% of the time just duplicates MSG. The one to compare is MSG+ with MSG+2.

Rangers have 0 games on MSG+2
Devils have 5 games on MSG+2
Islanders have 10 games on MSG+2

Guess Dolan doesn't like Long Island......

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY

That's the point I was making. No reason to carry MSG2 in HD because they aren't using it for overflow games. Better off carrying MSG+2.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by mets18:

That's the point I was making. No reason to carry MSG2 in HD because they aren't using it for overflow games. Better off carrying MSG+2.

Contractual carriage rules wont allow it. Stupid but then thats the norm for the cable/telecommunications industry...

nascar

Verona, NJ
reply to skohly

yeah it would seem that msg+2 in hd is more needed than msg2 in hd.

i guess it is so hard to add msg+2 in hd because we have no hd bandwidth remaining due to some good and not so good contractual obligations.

skohly

reply to bohratom

said by bohratom:

said by mets18:

Contractual carriage rules wont allow it. Stupid but then thats the norm for the cable/telecommunications industry...

What are you talking about? What carraige rules won't allow it?

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to skohly

The only thing MSG 2 gets is overrun when Knicks and Rangers play on the same night, which is probably not very often.

robjlevin

join:2002-10-30
Millington, NJ

Actually it's not all the uncommon but MSG uses MSG and MSG+ interchangeably these days. You may find the Devils on MSG while the Islanders are on MSG+.

The only team that doesn't get bounced around is the Knicks. They seem to be exclusively on MSG.

bprushik

join:2013-01-18
Great Neck, NY

Actually the only team that is affected by MSG+2 is the Islanders. There are 12 games that are relegated to just SD. The Devils are always on MSG+. So its just the Islanders...but its 12 games so as an Isles fan I am very annoyed