Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY
reply to Greg2600

Re: MSG+2 HD

It would appear that MSG+2 is going to be used much more than MSG2 if you look at the hockey schedules that have been released.
»www.msg.com/teams/devils/devils-···ule.html
»www.msg.com/teams/islanders/isla···le-.html
»www.msg.com/teams/rangers/ranger···ule.html

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

That makes sense to me. MSG and MSG2 have the same programming, so MSG+ and MSG+2 does/should have the same programming. Until there is an overflow of local teams playing at the same time, of course.

Hell, we have MSG2 in HD with the same programming that MSG HD, so IMO, why is is so hard to add that last MSG+2 HD channel.

Ergo, the big question still remains....

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

4 edits
reply to mets18

said by mets18:

It would appear that MSG+2 is going to be used much more than MSG2 if you look at the hockey schedules that have been released.

Think you are mixing apples with oranges as MSG2 90% of the time just duplicates MSG. The one to compare is MSG+ with MSG+2.

Rangers have 0 games on MSG+2
Devils have 5 games on MSG+2
Islanders have 10 games on MSG+2

Guess Dolan doesn't like Long Island......

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY

That's the point I was making. No reason to carry MSG2 in HD because they aren't using it for overflow games. Better off carrying MSG+2.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

said by mets18:

That's the point I was making. No reason to carry MSG2 in HD because they aren't using it for overflow games. Better off carrying MSG+2.

Contractual carriage rules wont allow it. Stupid but then thats the norm for the cable/telecommunications industry...

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to skohly

yeah it would seem that msg+2 in hd is more needed than msg2 in hd.

i guess it is so hard to add msg+2 in hd because we have no hd bandwidth remaining due to some good and not so good contractual obligations.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to bohratom

said by bohratom:

said by mets18:

Contractual carriage rules wont allow it. Stupid but then thats the norm for the cable/telecommunications industry...

What are you talking about? What carraige rules won't allow it?

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to skohly

The only thing MSG 2 gets is overrun when Knicks and Rangers play on the same night, which is probably not very often.

robjlevin

join:2002-10-30
Millington, NJ

Actually it's not all the uncommon but MSG uses MSG and MSG+ interchangeably these days. You may find the Devils on MSG while the Islanders are on MSG+.

The only team that doesn't get bounced around is the Knicks. They seem to be exclusively on MSG.

bprushik

join:2013-01-18
Great Neck, NY

Actually the only team that is affected by MSG+2 is the Islanders. There are 12 games that are relegated to just SD. The Devils are always on MSG+. So its just the Islanders...but its 12 games so as an Isles fan I am very annoyed

bohratom

Red Bank NJ

1 edit

said by bprushik:

The Devils are always on MSG+.

Devils have 5 games only available on MSG+2..... Check the schedule...

»www.msg.com/msg-news/msg-network···tel.html

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to skohly

Does MSG offer a streaming service for Verizon customers? Just wondering.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to skohly

said by skohly:

Now that Hockey is finally around the corner will be get MSG+2 in HD?

NOPE!!!

bprushik

join:2013-01-18
Great Neck, NY
reply to bohratom

thought they had none....at least they only have that indignity five times...