Yes indeed, welome to roulette. Thanks.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

FYI, your contract WILL be a new 2 year one unless you going to the higher cost month to month, there is no such thing with Verizon as modifying a contract, its always a new one for any service changes ( you can change premium content that's it , like add HBO )

brownd

join:2007-01-05
Fanwood, NJ

Thanks. That was not obvious to me during either call with Verizon.

brownd

Fanwood, NJ

So, I ported my number over to Ooma and automatically I dropped to the double play package and my contract has not been extended. Seems fair to me.

brownd

Fanwood, NJ
reply to dtitzer

Now, since my triple to double downgrade went so well with no contract extension, how about removing the TV portion now? What will happen? I really want to get onto the $29.99 Directv package, maybe not so good as Fios but for the price, very difficult to beat.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You will be charged EFT of 20 dollars for every month left on your contract

On DTV, 29.99 requires two year contract, and the rates for months 13-24 make up for the discounts. I had DTV, the real price with DVR and basic package ends up being close to 80 month.

DTV its not lower cost than FIOS for 24 months when you also factor in your internet costs will almost be the same cost as with the TV package, maybe 20 less on internet only.

brownd

Fanwood, NJ
reply to brownd

And today it all went downhill. Seemingly, after someone requests to stop a service (phone in my case), Verizon stop all services 2 weeks later. In the meantime they are supposed to contact me and make sure that's what I want. A long conversation later, TV and internet are restored but I am still having problems getting to some web pages and am getting redirected to the "service suspended" page.