uniqs
share rss forum feed

AcidDevil

join:2002-07-02
7th Layer

[Misc] Tripod Ballhead Attachment

Click for full size
Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen this type of ballhead/ attachment for tripods. It looks like a bracket that attaches itself to the corner of the camera body and allows you to swivel the camera from Landscape to Portrait and back again (and lock in place with that grey handle) ...without losing your composition or having to move the whole tripod.

Check out the attached picture.

I can't seem to find something like this or this particular brand. I looked on this photographer's site (Joel Grimes) but can't find it.

Thanks!
--
"Give the mouse a cookie...and the motherfucker will want a glass of milk too..."

Tex
Premium
join:2012-10-20
kudos:2

It looks like a Really Right Stuff ball head and an L-plate.

AcidDevil

7th Layer

said by Tex:

It looks like a Really Right Stuff ball head and an L-plate.

That's awesome thanks Tex!

Do you know if they make them for a Nikons? ....specifically Nikon D800 with vertical grip....Thanks again
--
"Give the mouse a cookie...and the motherfucker will want a glass of milk too..."

jmacd27
Premium
join:2001-05-13
Toronto, ON
reply to AcidDevil

There are quite a few manufacturers make "L" brackets for the D800 with grip. A few listed below

»reallyrightstuff.com/Items.aspx?···&key=cat

»www.kirkphoto.com/L-bracket_for_···D12.html

»www.amazon.com/ProMediaGear-L-Br···0A0OO2QO

AcidDevil

7th Layer

Awesome thank you!.....Now I would need a ballhead that is compatible with these L Mounts correct?.....or could I use the ball head I have now with is a regular manfrotto one.

Thanks
--

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

For quick shots where I have to change angles a lot, I like the Manfrotto ball head.

»www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-322RC2-···00JLK5PK

AcidDevil

7th Layer
reply to jmacd27

Well I upped and ordered the L Mount from Really Right Stuff...They seemed to have the one I was looking for.

»reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc···0&key=it

Can't wait to get this setup!

Thanks again for the replies
--