share rss forum feed

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

How to add public google calendar to iphone?

How can you add a public google calendar to an iPhone 5 with iOS 6?

Most of the results I found are just links to other crappy articles that eventually 404 or are horrifically out of date?

Thanks
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Hmmm... I don't think this is possible. None of my subscribed/public calendars (as viewed vai the web) show up as choices in either Apple's calendar app nor Fantastical (both of which are linked to my Google account).
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

alightfoot
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Hilliard, OH
reply to Mike
A few questions:

Are you a gmail subscriber?

Are you using CalDav or Exchange ActiveSync?

I recently made the switch from EAS to CalDAV, CardDAV, and the gmail iOS app. In doing so, I found this:
»support.google.com/calendar/bin/···r=151674

You first would have to subscribe on your google calendar, but then you go here: »www.google.com/calendar/syncselect on the safari browser and you can select which calendars you want to sync. Any public calendar I am subscribed to shows up there.

Hope that helps,
Adam

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
said by alightfoot:

then you go here: »www.google.com/calendar/syncselect on the safari browser and you can select which calendars you want to sync. Any public calendar I am subscribed to shows up there.

Aha! Thanks for this!
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

alightfoot
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Hilliard, OH
You are welcome. I've been using CalDAV now for a few weeks, and while I don't know that I notice a difference, I appreciate the fact that every device doesn't show up like it did when I was selecting the calendars to show up in EAS.