Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to TheThing

Re: rose-colored glasses (Q-Q--)

said by TheThing:

said by RRedline:

The problem is that people are obsessed with gear, achievements, etc. UO was truly a virtual world, and that's what made it so cool to me.

I am not trashing WoW. I have played it (off and on) longer than any other game I have ever played, with the exception of the Street Fighter series, which isn't even an MMO. I love WoW, but at the same time I hate it. There just isn't anything "personal" about it to me, other than the few real life friends that I play with. I really think that a lot of the social features are what make it that way (ironically). Guilds are a dime a dozen, and like you, the main reason I am in one is to get the perks.

I still say it's a bait and switch. It's a cool virtual world all the way to max level, then it turns into World of Instancecraft. They might as well let you queue up for whatever right on the log-in screen. You can go to one of the opposing faction's capital cities and attack NPC's, and hardly anyone even cares because OMG IT'S RAID NIGHT!

They need to fully move Raiding to the open World.

No no and No.

You likely never played Everquest, If you had a job you likely missed the raid content that was spawned. I did enjoy the race for dragons in EQ. But these days its nice to know the guild has set nights we get together and do things and that said things will not have been killed at 3am by people in another timezone.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
join:2002-05-15
Attleboro, MA

said by Kearnstd:

No no and No.

You likely never played Everquest, If you had a job you likely missed the raid content that was spawned. I did enjoy the race for dragons in EQ. But these days its nice to know the guild has set nights we get together and do things and that said things will not have been killed at 3am by people in another timezone.

Scheduled raids is exactly what I DON'T want. I have a job, and I have a social life. I am NOT going to commit myself to playing on any schedule. I like to log on, see which friends are online, party up and have fun. Ultima Online was GREAT for that type of player, at least it was when I played it

BTW Snakeoil, I must have played way before you did. Most of what you said doesn't sound familiar at all. Archery ruled the day when I played...everyone ran with a heavy crossbow and magic. Kerplunk, kerplunk, "Corp Por!"

I remember vanquishing weapons, but you were crazy to run around with a good weapon without backup. I had a vanquishing bow that I almost never used because I was afraid of losing it. I played around late 2008 until 2000ish. I am not kidding when I say it was the most fun I ever had online.
--
One nation, under Zod!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

said by RRedline:

I have a social life.

quote:
Williamsport, PA
Yeah right.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

HEY. Us folks in PA now have Amish Mafia to worry about!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Not in my area or your area. If we were in Lancaster? Maybe.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I'm in Lancaster. Not sure where the show is shot though as most Amish here are really nice. OR ARE THEY?!

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to I AM

PA +1

It's pretty interesting how many PA players there are. I've randomly solicited new recruits for the guild for the past month and I bet 60% of all the people who have joined have been from PA.

Out of all the servers across the US, and out of all the people across the US on my server... Odd how that works.

And it's a pretty much a split 50/50 female vs male.

AND we talk and don't just login and ignore one another or show up for set raid times. It's small enough still to have everyone on a first name basis. Pretty crazy.

RRedline
Rated R
Premium
join:2002-05-15
Attleboro, MA
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

said by RRedline:

I have a social life.

quote:
Williamsport, PA
Yeah right.

I didn't say it was an exciting social life.
--
One nation, under Zod!

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

HEY. Us folks in PA now have Amish Mafia to worry about!

The Amish Mafia show consists of reenactments of "stories" that supposedly happened - aka fake.

There is no Amish Mafia, they would be rejected by both the church and the community. It's really a harmful show to the Amish even more so than the recent abundance of reality Amish shows.

Edit: I know your comment was comical, I'm not directing this at you. Simply stating how ludicrous the Amish Mafia show is...