uniqs
share rss forum feed

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1

"This TV" Coming (WPIX Subchannel)

Per CT PURA Filing:

Effective Wednesday, January 16, 2013, Cablevision will launch This TV in Connecticut. This TV is a United States general entertainment television network, with a large emphasis in its programming on movies. This TV's program schedule relies on the extensive library of films and TV programming currently owned by MGM and subsidiary United Artists. This TV will launch on channel 111 throughout Connecticut.

RemyM

Stamford, CT

Re: "This TV" Coming (WPIX Subchannel)

Note that the channel number may be different outside of CT.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
reply to RemyM

This is WPIX's other sub channel along with "Antenna TV".

njrichie

join:2001-04-13
Matawan, NJ
reply to RemyM

THIS TV has been a digital broadcast station in the NYC area as broadcast digital 11-3 and currently shows retro programming similar to Antenna TV. It could supplement Antenna TV as it has different shows and movies. It not a bad channel, but nothing outstanding.

DownTheShore
Russia Lies, Ukraine Dies
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to RemyM

It'll give us Broadcast Basic types another channel.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to RemyM

I've been watching ThisTV on 11-3 since it came on the air using my OTA setup. Connecticut had it long before us on one of channel 20's subchannels. I was sometimes able to see it when conditions were good and was kind of jealous. There is some interesting programming on it. I do wish we had an NYC based channel for MeTV. Right now only WZME in Bridgeport, CT has it and it can be a bit of a stretch for my UHF beam and amplifier to get it. Of all the classic programming channels; MeTV, COZI, RTV, Antenna and ThisTV, I find myself preferring MeTV.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

fairfieldcty

@verizon.net
reply to RemyM

are u sure its wpix subchannel and not from wcct?

DownTheShore
Premium
Beautiful NJ

It's a WPIX subchannel. I was occasionally able to get it when I was on antenna.

fairfieldcty

@verizon.net

said by DownTheShore:

It's a WPIX subchannel. I was occasionally able to get it when I was on antenna.

my point is this tv is carried by both wpix and wcct. i would think cablevision ct would pickup wcct rather than wpix.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by fairfieldcty :

said by DownTheShore:

my point is this tv is carried by both wpix and wcct. i would think cablevision ct would pickup wcct rather than wpix.

I assume this will be the case since it will be for Antenna TV:

Effective January 16, 2013, Tribune Broadcasting will be replacing the current WPIX version of Antenna with the WTIC version in New Haven and Litchfield, Connecticut only. Antenna TV will remain on channel 114. Antenna TV is an American digital broadcast television network, primarily featuring classic television series from the 1950s to the 1990s, along with some feature films.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
reply to fairfieldcty

said by fairfieldcty :

said by DownTheShore:

The majority of Cablevisions CT subs are in Fairfield County and we get the NY stations. So while the New Haven and Litchfield systems will get CT stations, the Norwalk and Bridgeport systems will get NY stations.

BoulderHill1

join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to RemyM

We have had it OTA in Chicagoland for quite some time now.

It does compliment channels such as Antenna TV in that its focus is on retro movies as opposed to retro tv shows. Although the library is limited to MGM/Undited artists film releases.

They do however on sunday evening (IIRC) they show a more recent movie. Sort of a movie of the week thing. It will be something as current as in the last 12 months.

For those who just do OTA it provides another option.

COZI tv just recently came to Chicago.

Wyldfox

join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT
reply to RemyM

I'm not getting This TV in Ct. today. According to cable...after not ever having heard of it, found that Ct. gets it tomorrow, the 17th.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to dm145

ThisTV is up and running in the Morris County system as of today.

DownTheShore
Premium
Beautiful NJ
reply to RemyM

Available in the Raritan Valley system now.

Adam-12 is on - lol. Looks like it's the first episode, since they're introducing the Jim Reed character.

SirQAM

@verizon.net

said by DownTheShore:

Available in the Raritan Valley system now.

Adam-12 is on - lol. Looks like it's the first episode, since they're introducing the Jim Reed character.

You are describing programming on Antenna TV.

This TV primarily programs movies with an early morning block of 1960s sitcoms and 1980s children's programming. There is also a Sunday night block of Stargate SG-1. It's a great channel, but they boldly chop up programs to fit more PI spots.

It is now available on the Bergen-Cresskill system, channel 111.

njrichie

join:2001-04-13
Matawan, NJ
reply to RemyM

this TV is now on the Raritan System in NJ as basic service as channel 11-3 on non cable box TV's.

It's on channel 111 for cable box users.

mech1164
I'll Be Back

join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ
reply to RemyM

Running today on the Oakland system to.

DownTheShore
Premium
Beautiful NJ
reply to SirQAM

You're right, my bad. I must have keyed in the last digit wrong. Sorry, folks.