how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SlackBlade

join:2006-12-06
Suwanee, GA
reply to altan

Re: Charter Internet Pricing --- Does Charter hide this info?

I have Internet only. I was paying $39.99 for 30/4 with my own modem. It is now $57.99 ($47.99 Internet, $10 Internet Plus Upgrade).

I called today and they said I can get $49.99 for 30/4 with their modem included. I think they are just trying to get rid of all customer modems and consolidate their pricing.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
said by SlackBlade:

I have Internet only. I was paying $39.99 for 30/4 with my own modem. It is now $57.99 ($47.99 Internet, $10 Internet Plus Upgrade).

I called today and they said I can get $49.99 for 30/4 with their modem included. I think they are just trying to get rid of all customer modems and consolidate their pricing.

I agree totally. A huge move is to get rid of ALL customer owned modems....and don't you love it how they claim it is "free". But notice they don't say how long that might be the case. My guess is after they get rid of all of those fee free customer units very soon afterwards those Charter modems will cost you about ...umm
7$/ mo.

LOL

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by 15444104:

I agree totally. A huge move is to get rid of ALL customer owned modems....and don't you love it how they claim it is "free". But notice they don't say how long that might be the case. My guess is after they get rid of all of those fee free customer units very soon afterwards those Charter modems will cost you about ...umm
7$/ mo.

If you think Charter is so deceitful why are you doing business with them? I'm asking a serious question. I would never do business with a company I thought was doing nefarious things. So I am curious as to why other people would. It doesn't seem logical.

If Charter wanted to get rid of customer owned modems and charge a fee they could do that NOW if they wanted. Think about this "plan" you say Charter has. They are going to spend hundreds of MILLIONS on new modems for customers who already have their own modems give them out for free for a year or two just to charge $7 month thereafter? Did Dr Evil come up with this idea?

Perhaps they want everyone on Docsis 3.0 modems so it's easier to manger the network. Maybe they like to have fewer types of modems on their network. Kind of hard keeping up on firmware updates on dozen of different modem models. Also harder to pin point an issue when the problem might be a modem but since there are dozen of different modems spread across the country that would take along time to figure out. But I guess it's easier to think the big bad evil company is trying to screw over the customer.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit
said by 88615298:

said by 15444104:

7$/ mo.

If you think Charter is so deceitful why are you doing business with them? I'm asking a serious question. I would never do business with a company I thought was doing nefarious things. So I am curious as to why other people would. It doesn't seem logical.

We stay with charter because it is the only game in town, But we check are bills and look for the value prices when we have to like the OP is doing.

Now the OP is getting over charged and for some reason was never switched to the new pricing.
Charter has no problem leaving someone on the old pricing and making them have to call in to get the new lower pricing. They don't tell you about it, and when you do call in like the OP he gets the run around and the CSR don't give him good info.
Expand your moderator at work

smithduluth

join:2006-10-26
Duluth, MN
reply to SlackBlade

Re: Charter Internet Pricing --- Does Charter hide this info?

said by SlackBlade:

I moved to the new plan last Fall when my 2 year plan expired, when they saw I owned an SB6121, they said nothing about replacing it.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by smithduluth:

said by SlackBlade:

I moved to the new plan last Fall when my 2 year plan expired, when they saw I owned an SB6121, they said nothing about replacing it.

Obviously that can't be true. Charter is evil and that would get in the way of their plan to rip everyone off.

SlackBlade

join:2006-12-06
Suwanee, GA
reply to smithduluth
I have a SB6121 as well and have been with them over a year. Not sure why there are changes.

FYI: I contacted by phone and chat to see if I got a different answer and did not. I have Internet only with them. Not sure why they are changing.
Expand your moderator at work