MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to TheMole

Premium Member

to TheMole

Re: Weird Caller ID issue

Just to make sure I understand, when you call from Home, with your Asterisk System, the calls go through VoIP.ms. You call that a number at your office, and the Caller ID number is now incorrect since your office switched to SIP Lines. Is that correct?

If it is:

1. Do you see the proper CallerID number in the VoIP.ms CDR?
2. Can you replicate this by calling your office number with another phone, such as a cel phone or traditional line?

TheMole
join:2001-12-06
USA

TheMole

said by MartinM:

Just to make sure I understand, when you call from Home, with your Asterisk System, the calls go through VoIP.ms.

Correct.

You call that a number at your office, and the Caller ID number is now incorrect since your office switched to SIP Lines. Is that correct?

Correct. And the CID number is incorrect in an odd way -- the NXX-XXXX portion of the number is correct, but the area code is some other area code from the NYC Tri-State area (Long Island, Westchester, NYC, etc).

And to clarify, my office and home are not connected in anyway - presumably, the call goes over the PSTN when it leaves VoIP.ms(?).

1. Do you see the proper CallerID number in the VoIP.ms CDR?
2. Can you replicate this by calling your office number with another phone, such as a cel phone or traditional line?

Yes, CID records in VoIP.ms CDR are correct.

I have not been able to replicate this problem with a cell phone. I haven't tried another provider - but will do so and report back.

One additional bit of information: the 973 number (my home phone) was ported within the last year from Cablevision Optimum Voice service to VoIP.ms.

My office uses Lightpath (a cablevision company) for SIP voice services.

Is it possible there is an issue going on internally at Cablevision where they are somehow still mapping the 973 number back to their plant?
TheMole

TheMole to MartinM

to MartinM
i tried using a CallWithUS trunk and set callerID to my 973 home phone number.

The CID displayed on my work phone was 212-

This has to be a problem with Lightpath. I'm guessing it has something to do with the porting of the 973 from Optimum Voice.