Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

Dish Network, The Meanest Company In America

Very interesting read. Can’t say I’m surprised about any part of it.

»finance.yahoo.com/news/dish-netw···l?page=1

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
Couple of different things going on here...yeah sure they treat they freelance installers as bad as possible (DTV too) their internal (CO core) employees probably not.

And again over all DTV are no perfect angels either.

Or Comcast or anyone else, that uses contracted labor... which is ALL.
--

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Happydude32
I bet you could find companies that have a higher percentage of their employees that hate their companies...

I also know of no companies I or my friends have worked that that did not say - "If you don't like it - quit."
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

p110011

join:2001-12-29
Oregon City, OR
reply to Happydude32
What ever, I like my Dish.

anonn imus

@198.45.251.x
reply to Happydude32
Anyone else get a letter saying they r going to lose bandwidth and get charged more money a month? Why do companies want to screw their customers? Must b nice to have pockets overflowing with the money of hard working americans. Greedy bastards!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Happydude32
We had Dish for about 8 years and we were fine with the service, but the customer service was not that great. When we moved we decided to go back to DirecTV (which we had before we had Dish) and the equipment and customer service is much better. Picture quality and audio quality is about the same. Both are much better than our alternative options of Comcast and Crap-Verse. At my other house I have FIOS and it is better than both Dish and Direct.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

treeman
Premium
join:2000-07-15
Mcgaheysville, VA
reply to Happydude32
"I don't know about the rest of you guys but my work load is huge and if I intend to get home any where near a decent time like 5pm to have some sorta life I have to skip lunch (or eat it on the way to another job) and fly down the roads as fast as I can to get to them. I don't have time to check every single thing and redo a whole line run when a drip loop is a few inches too short or sometimes even break out a ladder and check the dish on a two story roof on a SVC when I know the receiver is bad and needs replaced and signal is showing great on the meter.

If I do all these things on these jobs I'd never get home before 8PM every night if that. What do some of you guys do in these situations? Do you just shrug off the inspection reports or do you raise hell about your office to cut back on the jobs to have more time to do these types of things?

I try to change or replace obvious things and tighten up dangled wire but you have to draw a line some where when you have no time. I like doing good work and I my NC's are always very good but there isn't but so much time in the day to redo every job that was there for the last 5 years just cause Dish changes their spec or a part."

This is from a satellite service installer site, while there are a few Directv complaints, most are about Dish network as the one above. I worked for Dish Network a couple years back for the hell of it, depending which part of the week you worked on if Christmas landed in your days you worked as with all holidays. If you were young and single and it was when Directv and Dish first started out guys I talked to said that you could make some good money. But that has changed it is just get the system in and haul ass to the next. I was in the shop at 6:00am and got home between 7:00 and 8:30, fortunately I didn't really need this job.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
said by treeman:

If I do all these things on these jobs I'd never get home before 8PM every night if that. What do some of you guys do in these situations? Do you just shrug off the inspection reports or do you raise hell about your office to cut back on the jobs to have more time to do these types of things?

But doesn't that attitude allow it to just continue, to often the customers dissatisfaction?

As long as someone who is desperate enough to do it for less no chance... but where are you really getting.

You and the hungry others ALLOW this to happen.

And sure the ones temp wiling to work for less, and less customer satisfaction... is the endless cycle.

But it is in your and others hand... not suggesting a union ( they are pretty evil too) but you working that way allow it to happen.

Again even absent a union they have no one willing to install in major areas it will get their attention, but not as long as someone always willing to do it for less until they too get frustrated, but another foolish right behind them.
--

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
treeman was quoting an article.

treeman
Premium
join:2000-07-15
Mcgaheysville, VA
Thanks Goober, the quote was from an installers forum.