share rss forum feed

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to dsl2u

Re: [Other] Nettalk reliability in Canada?

Might be your network the problem. How do you have the Duo connected, router, ISP modem, etc?
Did you try to power cycle Duo when you don't have a dial tone, is this fixing the problem?
Or power cycle all devices, internet modem, router, Duo and what's the result in that case.

dsl2u

join:2012-05-16
CANADA
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Yes of course I've done all that. I wouldn't post here if I hadn't. I've bypassed the router completely and its always the same. Never makes a difference. Getting a dial tone on this thing is like spinning a roulette wheel. Just not ready for prime time. Even my Magicjack had a more reliable dial tone than this thing. But what is a shame is the quality of the audio is definitely better than MJ ever was. And I'm not on as good a connection as I was with the MJ. So this has great potential. Look at their website...its a disaster of disorganization. Even some of the downloads have a .torrent extension. If someone wasn't familiar with torrents and knew to rename them, none of the drivers would work. The drivers are different on the Canadian and US sites because the Canadian site hasn't been updated. The customer support is a nightmare. You wait on hold for often more than an hour only to get transferred to someone else who may have a brain and that can take almost as long. Why they don't just let us leave a message asking for a return phone call is beyond all human understanding. Its been the worst buying experience of my long life. I would have to say the management of this company has no clue how people think, feel or react. Or they are bent on sabotaging their own company. They are excellent at that!

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by dsl2u:

Its been the worst buying experience of my long life. I would have to say the management of this company has no clue how people think, feel or react. Or they are bent on sabotaging their own company. They are excellent at that!

-------------------------------------

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

dsl2u

join:2012-05-16
CANADA

No malice intended. Just frustration with incompetent management that is ruining a superb idea and product.