spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Impanon

@mchsi.com

History Channel guide data wrong

Says new episode of pickers, however it's rerun...pawn stars data also says new eps, but data for eps look like a repeat. Why is this messed up?

Impanon

@mchsi.com
Original air day 5/21/12 fwiw

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
You can check your TV listings here:

»www.mediacomtoday.com/tv/login.p···age=grid.

Let me know if you see any discrepancies.
--
MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

vonwalton

@mchsi.com
The Mediacom onscreen guide is incorrect... they have been doing this for the last couple of weeks... listing shows as new even though they are repeats... I've had to delete numerous recordings lately due to their deception, even missed other shows I wanted to record because of this.... get it together guys.

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO
reply to Impanon
I've also noticed this issue in last 3 months with some discovery shows, though this is marginally different from the discrepancy I posted last night. They have an extended version of the show that has a couple mins of new footage. Then they call it moonshiners extended cut and add twitter comments...maybe a single new scene and call it a new show.

As a consumer its VERY frustrating, since generally I don't care to watch reruns except on my own terms. For example something as well written as breaking bad, where you want to rewatch because you are trying to find plot clues you may have missed.

kelley3249

join:2012-07-03
Dubuque, IA
reply to Impanon
This happens from time to time. It takes about 10 secs to delete a show from your DVR.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Impanon
said by Impanon :

Says new episode of pickers, however it's rerun...pawn stars data also says new eps, but data for eps look like a repeat. Why is this messed up?

The above on 1/7/2013 at 8pm ct was tagged as "new" but it also showed 2012, which would make it a repeat, which it was. And for the record, the 2 Pawn Stars that followed were also tagged as new, but were also dscribed as 2012, which would make them both repeats, which they were.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to kelley3249
said by kelley3249:

This happens from time to time. It takes about 10 secs to delete a show from your DVR.

the guide is sometimes wrong or its missing new/repeat data so it records it just in case.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

RndmCblGuy

@mchsi.com
reply to Impanon
Complain to TV Guide - they do the information that is shown on the guide

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by RndmCblGuy :

Why should a Mediacom customer have to complain to the data provider? That's Mediacom's responsibility, since Mediacom pays the guide data provider for the "data/listings".

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
said by wth:

said by RndmCblGuy :

Why should a Mediacom customer have to complain to the data provider? That's Mediacom's responsibility, since Mediacom pays the guide data provider for the "data/listings".

Mediacom can't do anything about it. Sure you can call them but it's going to be a waste of your time. maybe check with Chad?
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.