Brook Park, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric

I'm getting this feeling...

... that WOW will fold and we'll have one less choice and the other choices (Cox, Time Warner, Charter, Comcast, at&t, etc.) will then start to suck even more.

I just have this feeling ... I sure hope that WOW gets it together SOON and that they survive.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21
The way WOW has been lately, it would be hard for a service to suck more. They've become a joke.

Mdmdk

@wideopenwest.com
reply to slyphoxj
Going through what they did, combined with the fact the cable revolution is ready to begin at any time could be their downfall. They are one surprise CES announcement away from being in their deathbed. Or even an apple announcement. If I was running a cable co I would be scared sh1tless every CES and apple event. Those are times you need customers on your side, not ready to jump ship. ESPECIALLY with rumors of intel and apple working to revolutionize the industry, Netflix adding original content, dish incorporating sling box right into the DVR. Cutting the cord is starting to trend more, and a breakthrough product just ready to come out anytime should have Cale cos doing anything they can to keep customers, instead wow is at their lowest point ever in customer satisfaction.

A mainstream direct to consumer on demand television Eco system announcement and the cable companies as we know the would hang on for maybe a year too. Just think if apple came up with this ecosystem regardless of if they make a tv. If all of a sudden your iDevices, tv's with the $99 Apple TV attached all of a sudden could get you what you want on demand for 1/3 of your cable bill, cable companies would struggle to survive a year or two If that happened.

jsamuels
Premium
join:2000-07-22
Prospect Heights, IL
Equity investors always want to flip what they buy to make money. WOW will just be absorbed for their IP. For one, they have much better PQ than Comcast or Uverse. That's worth something with UHD just around the corner.

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to slyphoxj
i bought a apple tv this week and looking at what is out there to get rid of cable tv,, i would still keep my internet with WOW as i havent had major issues, let alone they dont have bandwidth caps.

recently jlife hacker posted how to trun freenas into a DVR and download content.
»lifehacker.com/5967007/turn-your···um=email

Mdmdk

@wideopenwest.com
reply to jsamuels
Current picture quality means nothing towards ultra hd. A shift in technology gives anyone the opportunity to make a come back or fall behind.

I also don't think any current cable company will be around by the time ultra hd is adopted widely. The company may still exist but by then someone will have revolutionized the cable tv market.

baess

join:2011-01-28
reply to slyphoxj
said by slyphoxj:

... that WOW will fold and we'll have one less choice and the other choices (Cox, Time Warner, Charter, Comcast, at&t, etc.) will then start to suck even more.

I just have this feeling ... I sure hope that WOW gets it together SOON and that they survive.

Which would be bad for those of us who are having few or no issues.

I know it won't be a popular statement here but there are many people whose service is fine. The phone lines are an issue for sure though.

pparks1

join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI
Yeah, I have been quite lucky as far as service is concerned. I've only had to call for things like adding and removing showtime and getting my package rebundled. I haven't had any service outages or problems that have required a call or trouble ticket.